2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a few here with short memories/crap opinions
Maupay was a good addition at a great price but a fit Dom is a class above. He was only fit for three games at the end of last season and like Richarlison against palace was playing through the pain because our future in the league was at stake. He deserves more respect and I hope we see the real him again soon to shut some mouths

Maupay was a good addition at a great price but a fit Dom is a class above. He was only fit for three games at the end of last season and like Richarlison against palace was playing through the pain because our future in the league was at stake. He deserves more respect and I hope we see the real him again soon to shut some mouths
Absotively posilutely correct.

I have a feeling that this guy is working on trying to get fit in time for the world cup with little consideration for everton. Perhaps an operation a few weeks ago might have been recommended but decided against it as it would then rule him out for the the world cup. Dangerous gamble because if he breaks again in next few weeks, that could be him out for most of the remaining season.

I have a feeling that this guy is working on trying to get fit in time for the world cup with little consideration for everton. Perhaps an operation a few weeks ago might have been recommended but decided against it as it would then rule him out for the the world cup. Dangerous gamble because if he breaks again in next few weeks, that could be him out for most of the remaining season.

That wouldn't make sense. He needed to get fit and score goals to get a World Cup place, he's almost certainly missed his chance now.

This only works if you’re nailed on like Harry Kane, Dom has no form for a year now so wouldn’t even get picked.

This is an especially weird take given he’s played injured and been rushed back repeatedly when not 100% last season because he wanted to do his best for the club when we were desperate.

Now we have Maupay to do a job, hopefully Dom only gets on a pitch when his body is ready this time.

An even worse shout than the clowns claiming he’s a championship level player.

That wouldn't make sense. He needed to get fit and score goals to get a World Cup place, he's almost certainly missed his chance now.
The only way for him to have missed his chance for sure would be an injury...if he starts in the next couple of weeks scoring goals again I am sure he thinks that he can make the squad. I am thinking like you but footballers have an incredible believe in themselves and perhaps that's why they are professional footballers and we're not. Time will tell but world cups appears to be the ultimate goal for any footballer, and often you see them put country before club. Has happened with the best in the world and will continue to happen. Personally I hope that the gamble pays off as we need him scoring ASAP.

He had one very good season. He's been here for about 6 seasons.

I dont think he's anything like what we need.
Scored 8 (age 20), 8 (21), 15 (22), 21 (23).

Then as you say, scored 5 in 18 (24).
Which over a full season would be double figures again.

They are good figures for a striker learning his trade at the top level and shows clear development. The outlier is last season when he was poorly managed and rushed back from injury.

Not sure what goalscorers are guaranteed to be getting us 12+ goals a season consistently which he is capable of.

Last edited:
There is a scenario where he could go to the WC and it involves an injury crisis for English strikers. Other than that, he's not got a prayer. I mean, it starts in 43 days.

Agree, but his fitness issues are a concern for a young man .

The only way for him to have missed his chance for sure would be an injury...if he starts in the next couple of weeks scoring goals again I am sure he thinks that he can make the squad. I am thinking like you but footballers have an incredible believe in themselves and perhaps that's why they are professional footballers and we're not. Time will tell but world cups appears to be the ultimate goal for any footballer, and often you see them put country before club. Has happened with the best in the world and will continue to happen. Personally I hope that the gamble pays off as we need him scoring ASAP.

Mate, the WC starts in 43 days. He's not played for England since July 2021. He missed most of last season through injury and the only way he was gonna make the WC was to have a good start to this season. As it stands, we're 43 days from the WC and he's not played yet this season, and you think this was his plan to gatecrash the WC squad?

As I've stated above, an injury crisis might get him picked. Other than that, no chance.

Yep he's sure to get an England World Cup call up without playing or scoring for us.?

Status
Not open for further replies.