2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people have a go at social media and all that but genuinely seeing all these lads in the squad publicly getting on so well only adds to how likeable this squad has become in such a short space of time.
Just posted this in the Onana thread, feel exactly the same
Seen Iwobi called him dad in that exchange copied a few pages back too ?

1664873257342.png

Just posted this in the Onana thread, feel exactly the same
Seen Iwobi called him dad in that exchange copied a few pages back too ?

View attachment 185977

:Love it, I think Iwobi called them that first on an interview, and as he seems pretty influential off the field. As much as I loved Coleman all these years, i feel like he always struggled to connect with people very different to him - Richarlison, DCL in recent years - and I think it's great that the social / team hieararchy and bond has got so much better. It's maybe one of the weaknesses Seamus had as captain that he's slightly reserved or introvert (don't blame him for that) and couldn't connect and unite the team. Of course, we've got much much better team players and leaders now.

:Love it, I think Iwobi called them that first on an interview, and as he seems pretty influential off the field. As much as I loved Coleman all these years, i feel like he always struggled to connect with people very different to him - Richarlison, Dominic Calvert-Lewin in recent years - and I think it's great that the social / team hieararchy and bond has got so much better. It's maybe one of the weaknesses Seamus had as captain that he's slightly reserved or introvert (don't blame him for that) and couldn't connect and unite the team. Of course, we've got much much better team players and leaders now.
I love Coleman, he always lead by example and gave everything and I think he still had full respect.
Where Lampard and Thelwell have done brilliant is they’ve gone back to the old Moyes philosophy where the mentality of the player is just as important as the skill so we’re never buying another Schneiderlin again.
We’ve got big leaders now with Coleman, Pickford, Tarkowski and future leaders with Onana and Dom but Coady seems to just be the top man wherever he is. The fact Southgate will take him to the World Cup with no intention of giving him minutes says all you need to know about his influence on the team… though who wouldn’t start him and Tarks over Maguire now?

I love Coleman, he always lead by example and gave everything and I think he still had full respect.
Where Lampard and Thelwell have done brilliant is they’ve gone back to the old Moyes philosophy where the mentality of the player is just as important as the skill so we’re never buying another Schneiderlin again.
We’ve got big leaders now with Coleman, Pickford, Tarkowski and future leaders with Onana and Dom but Coady seems to just be the top man wherever he is. The fact Southgate will take him to the World Cup with no intention of giving him minutes says all you need to know about his influence on the team… though who wouldn’t start him and Tarks over Maguire now?

He definitely had full respect, but he's the type who needed all of these others to come together and support him. Coleman & Pickford as official captains works fine, with Coady, Tarkowski, Onana, Gana, Iwobi and DCL all playing good leadership roles in the team and social bonding of the players.
Coady & Tarks seems like a great pairing for England even, but of course they haven't had that much experience against Champions League and Europa League style players - whom they'll meet in the WC. Oh well. We'll have well rested players and hopefully they'll lift a trophy together in the next few years for us!

They won't, but they're probably amongst the best centre half pairings in the division. They're not fashionable enough for England, which is laughable when Harry Maguire, a genuine Championship quality player, is seen as undroppable.

I think he's undroppable because Southgate has got this policy to support all players who get social media abuse, and who need more care and pyschological support. In the case of Rashford, Saka & Sancho, I thought it was great, we all came together to support them when they were getting all the racist abuse after the penalty misses.
Maguire is getting a lot of abuse because he's playing so poorly, and it's complicated as it questions us fans. What do we do, how are we meant to react when players play badly? We are allowed to criticise but not cross the line. I think we did this with Iwobi, DCL, Delph, Davies, but are learning our lesson, to just support whatever happens. Somehow fans think that if we don't express our feelings it won't influence the manager. THe manager is (Hopefully) going to do whatever he thinks is right, whatever we (and Klopp) says. I think Maguire just needs a statement of support, and privately to get all the support from the management, and then also get dropped.

Sorry if this is for a different forum, but kinda related to how we deal with players we either don't rate or don't like.

I would not even wait, i would do it now if we are allowed to, but we are been sensible for once probably at the wrong time, for a player that has so far done brilliant

In the follow up tweet he's quoted as saying its under £10m, too. Bargain.
Sure i remember 8million said a while back, when it was 1st reported like 12million

I would not even wait, i would do it now if we are allowed to, but we are been sensible for once probably at the wrong time, for a player that has so far done brilliant

Sure i remember 8million said a while back, when it was 1st reported like 12million
It was probably always treated as a permanent move from our point of view we just structured it like this to get help with FFP, most likely thing is the loan fee for this year and the eventual fee all add up to the £12m figure we heard before. If not though and it truly is under £10m for him in total then that’s astonishing business on our part.

Status
Not open for further replies.