2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone keeps saying he's a good squad player but what does he do?
If you genuinely can't see what he offers then I think you should also preface your posts with an admission that you have little knowledge or understanding of football.

Tom Davies is a reliable central midfielder. He is a not a star but will do a solid job in central midfield as a link player and also providing cover to the defenders behind him. He plays a simple game , get the ball and move it onto a player in a better position.

To have an academy graduate who seems happy enough being in the squad and fulfilling a role for his boyhood club, on what I imagine will be low wages is what i imagine the majority of clubs would want as their 6th choice central midfielder.
NO!! we need 6 players who are all prime Zidane levels, and 3 should be happy to be predominantly on the bench every game, becoz thats wot I do on champ man. (SARC)

I like the lad but it shows you how much we have moved on in midfield if he comes on as a substitute,and some cup games it will mean we have not been desperate all season.

Everyone keeps saying he's a good squad player but what does he do?
Sells furniture made from recycled chopsticks

Would not start for any side in this league. Offers nothing at all in the opposition half of the field. Seems like a nice lad. As far as I know, he's got no real excuse to have gone so far backwards over the last five years. Sell. Should have been sold three years ago.

Would not start for any side in this league. Offers nothing at all in the opposition half of the field. Seems like a nice lad. As far as I know, he's got no real excuse to have gone so far backwards over the last five years. Sell. Should have been sold three years ago.

I agree completely.

For years he just seems content with sitting on the bench and making up the numbers when he does get game time. Doesn't seem to care if he is picked or not and isn't arsed about progressing as a player; this has gone on for years. He offers very little to the team as a midfield player. Nothing defensively, absolutely nothing offensively, passing is average, and so i am not sure what his actual role is.

Currently has 5 midfield players ahead of him in the pecking order and with the likes of Garner and later on Warrington coming through he will go even further back. With all these players ahead of him, why hasn't he pushed to leave to get game time and play footy elsewhere ? ........... because he's on an excellent contract that is paying him thousands for doing absolutely nothing. Dire player for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.