Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Far more confident of not being in the relegation mire this term.

Incomings to date have made a real difference both in ability, desire and mental toughness and the Southampton win a material sign of progress. Looking good at the moment, I just hope Frank doesn't play silly buggers with team selection in the cups like previous bananas - we need a trophy.

We dont need the hassle of this World Cup, that's for sure.

Hopefully there's only a handful of ours in the competition and we keep it ticking over.

There'll only be Onana, Pickford, Gueye and maybe Coady away. That should work for us later in the season when other teams are flagging.

Relax Benitez is long gone. We're only one point off seventh place. Keep looking upwards not downwards!
I don’t think I will relax until we get to 40 points. I think we are much better at the back this season, but I still worry about scoring at the other end. It was nice to see us scoring from a well worked set piece yesterday. It’s been a while since we did that.

Hope they can’t recall Coady!
Already put this in the Coady threat but it looks like it has made its way over here too. They can’t recall loans these days, doesn’t happen anymore. Loans are now formatted like temporary transfers. We also have an option to buy for 12million at the end of the year. Have no fear, Coady is now an Everton player.

Hopefully there's only a handful of ours in the competition and we keep it ticking over.

There'll only be Onana, Pickford, Gueye and maybe Coady away. That should work for us later in the season when other teams are flagging.
Oh god the world cup, between the murdering of gay people, and the slaves that were killed in the process of building the stadiums for it, i think i'll give it a swerve!

Things are ticking along nicely for us right now, but this world cup could be a potential spanner in the works. As you say though, the less Everton players that are involved the better!

Roll on the World Cup. Some bizarre pairings in Arab land. Should be weeks of entertainment. Mind, I doubt they will ever repeat the calendar clash with European leagues. Wonder if Scottish TV will show any of it? What a laugh they are. Iran tv are going to block out images of unveiled women for fear of upsetting their crazy clerics.Mad world.

If last season was spent mostly hoping for 3 teams worse than us in the league, then this season should have a totally different feel. It's clear to see that we are far more solid, and if we can start finding the net a just a bit more regular, then this relegation thread wont be needed. Let's see what the rest of the October fixtures bring, but 3 points at St. Mary's was a good start.

Last edited:

…yep, and even then I’d imagine that only Pickford and Gueye will get regular game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.