2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
….he would make a huge difference to this side if he was fit and firing. I watched yesterday convinced we’d have been home and hosed in the comfort zone had he been playing.

The fact he isn’t involved & the fact he wasn’t even on the training video has to be a massive concern.
I've heard Frank is making him wear 'Popa-Dom' on the back of his shirt around Finch Farm until he returns to full fitness.

A reference to him breaking really easily or something....

I hope he does not get fit too soon for Southgate to get his hands on him. Need to keep DCL out of internationals for this season.

Its not just him, we basically need an entire new front 3. DCL is REALLY limited to what he can do but does it REALLY well. It shoehorns us in to a specific way of playing even when he's not there, kind of like what that tit Koeman wanted us to do when he was chasing Giroux for months then went for an awful version of Dom instead of changing his plan.

Its not just him, we basically need an entire new front 3. Dominic Calvert-Lewin is REALLY limited to what he can do but does it REALLY well. It shoehorns us in to a specific way of playing even when he's not there, kind of like what that tit Koeman wanted us to do when he was chasing Giroux for months then went for an awful version of Dom instead of changing his plan.

Fit and firing he's a £50-60 million player factoring in the english premium.

Currently he's worth £20-30 million tops based on his injury record.

In January if he hasn't kept fit (which I doubt he will) I hope we cut our losses and let him go to someone willing to take a punt to avoid relegashun and use the money to bring in 2x attacking players who can get gols.

We've moved on. If we had even Che Adam in we'd be moving more in the direction of what Frank wants to see up front. Dominic Calvert-Lewin is too one dimensional.

He'll be scouring the market looking for an Ings type. Not top quality, but one who takes up threatening positions and can link up on the deck.

I've seen the future of Lampard's Everton and there's no place in it for a player like Calvert-Lewin.
Here's Dave, fishing...

Top 3 poster imho.

Let's hope this time allows him to come back and be completely fit, but another season of these niggles, we need to get rid (and the Lambo Urus crew need to bin theirs- only Gordon hasn't had some kind of muscle injury- they all need to sell them on the cheap to long suffering blues, such as myself)

Would be very good to see him named on the bench this weekend. The difference between getting 15 minutes out of him rather than Rondon will make a difference at some point in the season.

He is a certain type of striker when fit, and we need different types of strikers.
When fit he will be rotated in and out depending on the opposition and tactics on the day.
We certainly need another striker in January but I think Dom will play a crucial role later this season.

Again, it’s not his fault if he keeps getting injured. He’s spoken a lot about his mental health being affected last season. Instead of everyone slating him, how about a massive banner for him in the gwladys street end against Palace. A picture of his diving header that kept us in the league. Let’s support the guy. Yea clearly not making himself injured all the time, it’s just a knock on affect from that bloody toe injury last December. Pre season is so important.

Would be very good to see him named on the bench this weekend. The difference between getting 15 minutes out of him rather than Rondon will make a difference at some point in the season.
Love to see him up against the two utd centre backs he could have a field day against that martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.