2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s all dead sound until our midfielders get injured and he’s back starting games. Most people know he’s not good enough. If he stays as 6th choice midfielder this season then fine but if we’re playing games with him in the starting 11 then we’re starting with ten men. Too slow, too weak, too sloppy on the ball.

How good is our 6th choice going to be though mate?

We cant carry much better than him as 6th choice. He gives his all. I'd rather him than a Gomes/Schneiderlin who are on big money and you have no idea what you are getting.

Always brings energy … has had some excellent performances even when in and out the side… with real quality in the midfield alongside him it could help his development even more and he can play to his strengths which is bustling .. breaking up play and finding some key passes .. without being the last line of midfield defense which never suited him.

Was ok yesterday and when started against ligerpook he had a good game. Agree that he needs to show more looked like he has been able to push forward more has a good range of skills but dors not really stand out in any. I would like to see him add more goals and assists esp if we continue with the 3 at cm. Is a big season for him with the new options we have

Let's have a bit of perspective here, we are, at best, a mid table team, although Lampard seems to be building something here. Do we really think our 5th choice central midfielder should be of top 6 starting quality? How much better a player than Davies do we expect to be able to get to come here and sit on the bench for the same kind of money as Davies?

Tommy D will never be a top drawer premier league midfielder, but, he is a player who can fill in and is not out of his depth in the premier league.

While he can "do a job", I hate seeing wage stealers at the club, and he knows full well that he's about 5th to 6th choice for a starting position, with only himself to blame for half a decade of decline since his breakthrough season.

With that in mind, I'd love to see him punted asap.

Looks like he preparing for a life after football

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221003-141352_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221003-141352_Instagram.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 83

Status
Not open for further replies.