Expectations for the Coming Season ?

Well ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Minimum of a top half finish with the added bonus of a decent cup run or 2.

Anything else is poor given how the squad looks now.
The squad has a 1 in 4 striker, a striker who hasn't been fit for 18 months and Rondon. The squad looks loads better than last season but it's still light on goals. I'm expecting a lot better than last season but I'm certainly not demanding top half.

This 100%

We are better than all those teams
With Onana Gueye Coady and Tarko we are totally transformed .. add a new generation RB that looks like he has it.. Gordon a year older and closer to his potential .. definitely looking up

We still short of a striker to think top 8 though.

The squad has a 1 in 4 striker, a striker who hasn't been fit for 18 months and Rondon. The squad looks loads better than last season but it's still light on goals. I'm expecting a lot better than last season but I'm certainly not demanding top half.
I agree that we are short of creative quality and a goal scorer but the defence and midfield is so much improved we shouldn't be losing many and have enough to nick games until either DCL gets + stays fit or we bring in a forward in Jan.

I think we are looking at a 45-48 points finish, always far enough away to not worry about relegation but never close enough to genuinely be in the Europe conversation.

I think we have the potential for 8-12th, but with the firepower we have I reckon 10-12th.
We definitely need a striker in Jan, and hopefully not some stranger out the blue who pops up with a half decent World Cup.

I'd be slightly surprised if we don't finish in the top 10. This Everton side still has another gear or two they can move up. A lot will depend on us bringing in another striker in January and avoiding long term injuries. I think that will be the difference between finishing 12th or even 8th.

As hard as it is to admit. Top10 should be the aim. And keep building on that.
Honestly, why is it hard to admit? I get the whole NSNO thing, but sometimes I feel that some of our fans think we're in FM or FIFA world. It's a form of naivety.

It's not having lower expectations nor having less desire, yet rather being realistic of the situation we're in. We are a team that is building, and it'll take time.

I said earlier, we need to walk before we run. The squad is being rebuilt after years of having a lack of direction combined with poor decision-making.

There's still financial repercussions from our reckless spending and scatter gun approach, while the stature of the club is sadly not what it once was.

This is why I'd be content (not happy) with midtable as long as it sits aside a plan, with dross moved on and new talents acquired within our budget.

I'd much rather we were aiming for Europe, but that's not as likely as we'd hope it was. God, I wish we were winning titles, but that's a long way off.

If come the end of the season we're midtable, Thelwell and Co. can look at making more of those small, marginal gains that will actually drive our success.

Status
Not open for further replies.