2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
He reminds of Siggurdson, has wonderful technique but is slow, can’t really beat a player and doesn’t have the desire to get hold of a game and control it

….whilst accepting he‘s no speedster, I’m not sure he’s ‘slow’. He might not run away from the opposition but he’s decent in full stride.

i didn’t think he had the best of games yesterday but the position he found himself in & the quality of the finish was very encouraging. I think he could be a useful addition to the squad.

That’s what’s funny on this site. You watch a guy over a few games and come to realise he’s awful. Lads then round on you and say it’s premature. He scores and they think it’s proof he’s wonderful. He’s not, he’s awful. One goal won’t change that fact
You could really do with actually supporting the club and it's players for once in your life mate. You're as much a broken record as Dave is.

It's embarrassing the way some "fans" go in on some of our young players without giving them any time to to settle.

He's just won us the game with a good finish and you'd think he scored 3 own goals and lost us the game.

Think a few of us are aware that it's his first goal in 56 games and it'll take more than just one goal to change opinion. He's been very poor this season (including first half yesterday), happy he scored and hope he can push on but there's very little - based on his previous year or two - to suggest he has the quality to do that.

Will be a useful squad player though, hopefully.

Think a few of us are aware that it's his first goal in 56 games and it'll take more than just one goal to change opinion. He's been very poor this season (including first half yesterday), happy he scored and hope he can push on but there's very little - based on his previous year or two - to suggest he has the quality to do that.

Will be a useful squad player though, hopefully.
I don't think he is going to be like richie for us but he has also shown his defensive capabilities and that's a big part of his game and part of the reason he was signed. I don't think he has been as awful as people make out. (80% pass success rate and 80% tackle success rate 16/20.)

Hopefully the goal takes the pressure off him and he grows in confidence.

He is only 22 we need to remember.

I imagine gray and Gordon will be the main wide forwards with him coming in for games we need a bit more defensive support or to help see games out.

Last edited:
….whilst accepting he‘s no speedster, I’m not sure he’s ‘slow’. He might not run away from the opposition but he’s decent in full stride.

i didn’t think he had the best of games yesterday but the position he found himself in & the quality of the finish was very encouraging. I think he could be a useful addition to the squad.
He’s been playing without having a tall striker to aim for, same as Gray and Gordon, when Dominic returns, hopefully in a consistent run, Everton will improve and so will those three players.

Does a lot of work off the ball too, to protect full backs, which will be appreciated.

I saw he had 52 shots with 0 goals last season. If he has another 52 shots this year, I think he should be getting 4 or 5 goals, given the way he strikes a ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.