2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap and offers nothing. This lad is stealing a living off one moment against city
You could have that mantra just underneath your avatar ? Nothing wrong with Davies as a squad player, he hasn’t let anybody down this season whatsoever, yet still, the same frothing ferrets trot out their uneducated, agenda driven waffle. He’s done exactly what has been asked of him, he’ll do for me.

People wanting rid when he's having a great season so far is something I don't get. Was instrumental in suring up our midfield yesterday and slowing the pace of the game down with a disciplined cameo when our midfield prior to that was being e.

You could have that mantra just underneath your avatar ? Nothing wrong with Davies as a squad player, he hasn’t let anybody down this season whatsoever, yet still, the same frothing ferrets trot out their uneducated, agenda driven waffle. He’s done exactly what has been asked of him, he’ll do for me.
Please do enlighten me on his amazing abilities other than just saying 'squad player'? You strike me as a kind of person who loves a little bit of mediocracy.

I am not a fan of Tom Davies, I don’t think he does anything well enough to command a starting place on a Premier League side. However he is a squad player for a side that nearly got relegated last year, I don’t see him playing a significant role in the future of the club. I’m afraid Tom is a victim of progress, as Everton improve we require better players and Tom will fall by the wayside.

I agree
For the level we are at now, he's a very good squad player. He might improve - some people develop late - and otherwise he'll be comfortable in the city at the club for a few years - so what? It doesnt hurt to have a guy with positive energy and love for the club around - he's different from the ex-everton staff who don't really fit - he's at least working and wants to improve. People saying we dont want / cant afford this type of quality in the squad - well we are still a team who relies on Gray, Maupay and McNeil up front - who are fine - but just fine. We are not there yet. When the squad improves, either he'll improve drastically, or he'll fall down the pecking order.

I agree
For the level we are at now, he's a very good squad player. He might improve - some people develop late - and otherwise he'll be comfortable in the city at the club for a few years - so what? It doesnt hurt to have a guy with positive energy and love for the club around - he's different from the ex-everton staff who don't really fit - he's at least working and wants to improve. People saying we dont want / cant afford this type of quality in the squad - well we are still a team who relies on Gray, Maupay and McNeil up front - who are fine - but just fine. We are not there yet. When the squad improves, either he'll improve drastically, or he'll fall down the pecking order.
That’s the reason we’re at this level keeping hold of players like Tom Davies he is not a very good squad player, he’s a squad player that can do a job for us at the lower end of the league he’s never going to come on and change a game, and as mentioned by others he will be going down the pecking order hopefully as we move up the table. But to be fair to Davies he’s done ok so far when called upon this season so maybe he can still improve, but from what I’ve seen of him overall on low wages or not and regardless if he’s a local lad I’d prefer better squad players than Davies who are going to come on off the bench,

He's rarely injured, puts in a shift when he comes on
Lacks top pace, physicality or creativity.

I suppose he'll do for the moment

It’s all dead sound until our midfielders get injured and he’s back starting games. Most people know he’s not good enough. If he stays as 6th choice midfielder this season then fine but if we’re playing games with him in the starting 11 then we’re starting with ten men. Too slow, too weak, too sloppy on the ball.

Please do enlighten me on his amazing abilities other than just saying 'squad player'? You strike me as a kind of person who loves a little bit of mediocracy.
He reads the game well and has a good football brain. His passing has been good this season and he offers depth which is crucial when it's no longer a team but a squad game. He's still developing as well and seems to be doing extra training to catch up on the year he lost to injury.

Last edited:
He's 24 and hasn't really put a foot wrong all season. Maybe he's improving?

I mean he might not be improving, but it's not beyond the realms that a 24-year-old could still get better is it?

He actually looked okay as a 6 under Carlo at times too. How old was he then? 22? Since then he's missed nearly an entire season, come back and has not put a foot wrong this season really.

They do say that you're only as good as your last game. Perhaps some should remember this. Tom is looking useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.