2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank has done a great job since he took the job. He understood what the club stands for.

In the past, he may not have known how to organise a backline but Managers can improve and learn from past experience. You can see FL has evolved since last season.

The only thing is I wish he would use more of the subs. We are given 5 subs this season, I understand what he is trying to do and our fixtures aren't that congested at the moment. This might pay dividends later on especially after World Cup. But we do look very shaky after 60 minutes. I do not know is it due to fitness or confidence.
We haven’t got hardly anyone going to the World Cup so they can all have a nice rest

I'd be disappointed if we don't give both cups a right good go this season. It sure would be nice to win a trophy before we move to the new ground.
People here are not familiar with me. But in the years I've been following Everton, I've judged managers on how well we go in cup competitions. Provided we're not trying to avoid relegation against expectation, even without being league contenders or having the most talented teams, I think we should have the will to be semi-regular finalists/winners of the minor cup.
Both the english blues Everton, and the australian blues Carlton haven't had success since 1995! Our time will come again though.
Things are possibly a little different with me as I go for the Penrith Panthers (If you're knowledgeable on Australian rugby league). As far as Everton and Carlton go, we're going to have to be patient. The turning circle of an oil tanker.

Aside from Michael Schumacher winning the F1 championship, 1995 was a cracking year. Carlton and Everton winning. I don't want to be presumptuous about you, but I'm a total nutjob for The Corrs, and they released Forgiven, Not Forgotten a few days before Carlton won the AFL grand final.

Joint-stingiest defense in the league after the carnage at CB, and City still has a game to play.

The man has done a job curing the leaks at the back. Impressed.
Substance over style comes to mind: we're now defensively strong, have improved in the midfield and are starting to get the results required. It's what we asked for.

The style is improving too, but I have a feeling that Frank is prioritising the results over being stuck into a philosophy of style being key - see Martinez and Silva.

Let's get the points on the board, secure safety as early as possible and then look at the style.

Substance over style comes to mind: we're now defensively strong, have improved in the midfield and are starting to get the results required. It's what we asked for.

The style is improving too, but I have a feeling that Frank is prioritising the results over being stuck into a philosophy of style being key - see Martinez and Silva.

Let's get the points on the board, secure safety as early as possible and then look at the style.
Well said mate. I agree.

Think now that Frank is really beginning to breathe and grow in the job. There is always pressure but hopefully we are no longer in a permanent state of Defcon-5 and get better luck with injuries too.

He and his staff will mostly keep their thoughts to themselves along with Thelwell as to how they see things developing, but it's been quite a transformative few months for us and so refreshing to see it on the pitch.

I'm really impressed with his communication and man-management abilities too. He is very much in-tune with what went before him here and what fans yearn for. That's very important.

I'm delighted with him, this is as positive as I've felt since 2014 albeit we came from near disaster. Just has to keep going and look for improvement everywhere.

People here are not familiar with me. But in the years I've been following Everton, I've judged managers on how well we go in cup competitions. Provided we're not trying to avoid relegation against expectation, even without being league contenders or having the most talented teams, I think we should have the will to be semi-regular finalists/winners of the minor cup.

Things are possibly a little different with me as I go for the Penrith Panthers (If you're knowledgeable on Australian rugby league). As far as Everton and Carlton go, we're going to have to be patient. The turning circle of an oil tanker.

Aside from Michael Schumacher winning the F1 championship, 1995 was a cracking year. Carlton and Everton winning. I don't want to be presumptuous about you, but I'm a total nutjob for The Corrs, and they released Forgiven, Not Forgotten a few days before Carlton won the AFL grand final.
I’m a Cats fan so TBH Everton’s recent turn in fortune, coupled with the cats success I’m in a pretty good place at the moment

In football the moon and stars only line up every so often when they do great things can happen

Everton kendall
Man utd ferguson
Arsenal wenger
Liverpool klopp

All the above were the right man at the right time and all needed time to build and shape all had a few bumps in the road getting there but each created an identity for the clubs there at and got there

Countless managers do a job across the leagues very few connect on all levels

We have that in frank moon n starz an all that

Frank has done a superb job since he became our manager, and long may it continue. The media and rs supporters are desperate for him to fail, so they can say we never should have sacked Benitez.

This team will be fine this season we won't be in a relegation battle, and anyone who doesn't like Frank will just have to suck it up. He ain't going anywhere anytime soon.;)

The key people this applies to is the players. They’re no longer able to implement their usual cycle of downing tools to get a manager they don’t like fired. Mainly because half of them aren’t in the team any more. Lampard’s best move was to be ruthless enough to cull half the players that kept him up. Their biggest mistake was being so poor the second half of last season that they didn’t blag Lampard into keeping them all as they have several other managers.

So refreshing seeing an Everton team battling for points without Keane Jenny Davies Gomes Delph Siggurdson Tosun etc. just walking through games making error after error completely not caring

In football the moon and stars only line up every so often when they do great things can happen

Everton kendall
Man utd ferguson
Arsenal wenger
Liverpool klopp

All the above were the right man at the right time and all needed time to build and shape all had a few bumps in the road getting there but each created an identity for the clubs there at and got there

Countless managers do a job across the leagues very few connect on all levels

We have that in frank moon n starz an all that
Bumps in the road indeed

Some fans where calling for the managers head at those clubs early doors.

Giving them the time & backing worked in buckets.

Status
Not open for further replies.