2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he played well today, but as is often the case, his final ball / decision were poor more often than good. He did really well in 1on1s and carrying the ball forward and did a shift defensively too, so can’t decide if that final bit of the jigsaw is just something we have to put up with from that type of player or if it’s something that’s going to improve.

Football is all about opinions
Saying Gray is better than Gordon baffles the hell out of me
If it wasnt for Gordon we’d have lost at Leeds and Brentford. Give the Lad a break ffs. Players go in and out of form. Both are good players but are in and out. Gordon is still a novice in footballing terms though.
Probably the same idiots giving Iwobi dogs abuse when the lad lacked confidence are the same ones that don’t rate Gordon and suggesting we should sell him etc.

Really badly lacks footballing intelligence, which is a shame as he's a skilful, talented lad. He's still a threat, but kills more attacks than he does cause serious trouble to the opposition. Played decently enough today though in fairness, but could have done a lot better with that pathetic daisycutting effort in the first half. Put your laces through it ffs.

I think we’re getting the best out of him, but you can see why he’s flattered to kick on at other clubs. Really like him, but can’t be first team player moving forward (after this season).

He frustrated the hell out of me again!

Always ignores simple options in dangerous places, seems to always want to do it the difficult or more eye catching way.

He’s got talent for sure but he’s got to start being less selfish occasionally and perhaps he could be at whole new level of player for us

Amazing how people view the game differently.......

He consistently made the wrong decisions in the final third. Worked hard and beat players easily but he frustrated the life out of me today.
This is also my take. He is now working extremely hard for the team out of possession and he does so much right, a burst of pace or quick feet and he’s breaking lines and making defenders backpeddle and then more often than he should he just falls to pieces at the crucial part of his dribble, runs into congested areas, doesnt strike the ball cleanly or doesn’t take an easier option when he’s pulled defenders out of position. If he can get that part of his game together then he will be formidable

Status
Not open for further replies.