2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow genuinely one of the worst takes on football I've ever seen.

Gray has been arguably our best and most effective played this season

Don't be overly dramatic.

He loses the ball more than any player in the team and his set pieces have been mostly poor as well. It's time McNeil got a run in the starting line-up, that's the gist of my point.

Great goal, good for him. A very mixed/average performance bar the through pass, which was another highlight.

But he’s an introvert. Watch him, always head down, little eye contact, shy, definitely a confidence player.

Has some ability in there, could go either way, but give him time I’d say.

Great goal. And his position was smart. So often we didn't have anybody arrive at the far post whenever a good cross comes in. McNeil did and we scored!

I think he is still more comfortable on the left side. He has couple of good passes and dribbles on the left. He had a slow start this season and this goal will give him a lot of confidence.

I wonder if its a confidence thing with McNeil, i seen an interview a couple of weeks ago and he looked very timid, almost like the move here was a bit too big for him.

He scored the winner yesterday with a fantastic strike but his overall performance was poor especially the first half, he gets dispossessed so easy due to being so predictable. I hope that goal gives him confidence because a few times this season he has been in good positions to shoot and hasn't. Theirs no denying he has a great left peg on him (shame its the only one he has got)

Keep him on set pieces when he's in the side more so as to keep Gray away from them.

Had really good ball progression stats at Burnley but not sure we’ve seen that so far. What he does have is a quality left foot, just needs to figure out how to put himself in position to use it more.

Similar to Kulusevski at Spurs who has been great for them but struggled at Juventus.

I will pass it on Pep.

But, I looked and he has 17 dribbles 10 success, which is 58%, prior to today.

KDB had 57% last season.

Which leads me to think hes better than KDB.
If you look at goals scored and assists created in their careers, then McNeil has a mountain to climb to reach KdB levels. Will benefit if DCL is ever fit lol

I’m not comparing the two players, as one was one of the most creative players of his generation, but I’d like to see him use his left foot to open the pitch up like James used to, I think he’s at least got that in him.

I’ve been harsh on him at times this season for sure but chuffed for him today

Absolutely right that’s he’s only 22 in a new club etc. feels like he is way older and has been around for ages (in the prem, not for us) and that’s perhaps why I’ve had higher expectations. But obviously a confidence player and hopefully this will be a big boost for him

Status
Not open for further replies.