2022/23 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
People saying fine game must be smoking some good stuff. Yes he improved 2nd half but he stank the ground out in the 1st. Made 1 decent cross (sums his career up) all game. Got skinned on more than one occasion. His one contribution was to prevent something Pickford was going save. Well done Capt

BS_1.gif

I think before his injury that Nathan Patterson was the number one right back at this club, but Seamus now has an opportunity to win his shirt back.

If Seamus keeps playing well, then it would be unfair to drop him when Patterson is fit and raring to go again. It's all up to Seamus now i think, if he fails to avail of this opportunity, then he can have no complaints when he's put back on the bench again.

Looked goosed at times but honestly, people are harsh on Seamus.

Yes, we’ve needed a replacement for a few years and as a player he’s flagging, but I think our poor form, lack of centre midfield, quality in general and cohesion has certainly contributed to his struggles.

Looking forward to Patterson’s development but Seamus is hardly the worst replacement, nor is he a bad second choice left back.

I remember seeing him coming out of St. John’s market as a 21 year old with a Tesco bag and a Lacoste looking tracksuit. Looking Like a fish out of water. What a career he ended up having for the Blues.

Seamus let nobody down yesterday, he started a bit shakily, as could be expected after so long out, but, he grew into the game. He is very definitely our back up right back now and that is how it should be at this stage of his career. We are very lucky to have him, he is a model professional and a great guy to have around the club. I still think that Nathan Patterson is a big miss for is, he has been playing out of his skin up to now and his pace and physicality are going to be missed.

Absolutely love Seamus. Proper Evertonian. Always gives everything. I do think Patterson is the natural replacement. Equally I don’t want to rush Patterson. Just as much as I don’t want Coleman out in the complete cold. A balance can be struck.

I think he knows his time here as a guaranteed starter has likely gone, but he can still have a massive involvement. On and off the pitch.

Carlo said Coleman was a great captain and equal to any captain he’d had before. He should stay at the club for as long as he wants. Truly.

People can bemoan the jobs for boys, but players like Coleman and Baines who have given everything on the pitch for the club, who you know will give everything off the pitch, should always be retained in any role past their playing careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.