Match Thread Southampton vs Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
GTFI.

I was still working out a joke for their scorer, when we equalised.

Something like…
“It wasn’t Tangfastic defending just then to let Aribo in”.

Just gonna crowd source a better pun/punchline than I came up with here. It wasn’t bad, but was a bit lost with us scoring the 2nd at the same time.

I said we desperately needed the three points by hook or crook. Don't think anybody could deny we fully deserved the victory, just disappointing we did nothing with all our possession in the first half. Rest up and have a real good go against United next week.

Great away day! Gana was simply immense. Iwobi was again quality (literally looks like a different player since Frank came in), and Coleman was decent in his first game of the season. Great to see two players open their account for us too. Very good performance all round. Away fans as always were top drawer ?

And something else I noticed today, and what I also picked up on against West Ham, we’re actually starting to get a bit of clever (snidey) game management in us. The sly time wasting and clever fouls to see the game out was nice to see ?

great result, and cracking day out. painful first half as we should have them dead and buried by halftime, so always leaves you a bit tense. but all that really matters at the end of the day is the 3pts in the bag ( which wouldn't of happened last season )
support, fantastic as always!!!!
and well happy for Coady and Mcneil

We now have a manager and a team that really want to play for this wonderful club

Had absolutely no doubts whatsoever that Gana, Coady and Tarkowski would be outstanding additions. Hopefully McNeil can build on that excellent goal today and get some consistency. Knew nothing at all about Onana before he joined us but he looks a really talented player.

We've strengthened hugely in a short space of time, but won't play as poor a team as Southampton every week and will be punished if we can't capitalise on all of the pressure we put on the opposition such as today.

A great result though and fantastic to win back to back and away from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.