2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember thinking last year that we must have the worst dressing room in the league to be a part of. Just a team of individuals completely devoid of any character, fight, leadership etc.

Massive credit to Lampard for identifying and placing an emphasis on fixing this with the type of players we've brought in. We've got real leadership in the team now (at the back too where it's most vital) and the team performances are so much better.

Still early days but so far, so good.
To be fair I think the players were quite aware of the toxicity that Benitez brought to the club and how it incited the fan base.

They rejected him utterly on the back of it.

Frank was the fans choice, well he was my choice anyway, and has the respect and support of everyone at the club and I think the players have rightfully responded in kind.

He is a diamond slowly being polished at Everton..
He will elevate us and it will be a pleasure to watch it happen ..
Something very special is happening at Everton the press know it and fn hate it !!

Identity cant be bought it needs to be believed in, shaped and realised by players fans owners and for the first ime in a long time we are all on board all on board the lampard train

Up the fn toffees !!

Tbh I always discount the Brentford loss in that run in. We were absolutely mullering them at 1-0 and then had a blatant penalty denied. If that goes to 2-0 we steamroll them that game. One mistake from Branthwaite and another missed red card from the ref and we lost a game that we’d win 9 times out of the easily.
I agree but the last 10 only includes the Palace and Arsenal game from last season now after todays game. Suppose you could argue had we had a striker for the first 5 or 6 games of this season the last 10 games could have shown better figures too

I’ve not seen the game so can’t comment on tactics or any of that but he’s clearly had a massive impact on the club and the way we go about things. It’s still early days but he feels like exactly what we’ve been crying out for for years and I really hope he can push on and be a success here because there’s a lot to like.

I think credit does need to go to Frank for noticing that we need more “robust” players because it’s doing the job so far.

I have to say though that what I think Frank has seen is that this league is quite poor outside the top few teams and you can go quite far with a bit of steel about you. Basically it is exactly what David Moyes has relied on his whole career and it’s done him well for West Ham in the last few years. I wouldn’t mind seeing Everton have some of the European nights they have had in the last few years

I’ve not seen the game so can’t comment on tactics or any of that but he’s clearly had a massive impact on the club and the way we go about things. It’s still early days but he feels like exactly what we’ve been crying out for for years and I really hope he can push on and be a success here because there’s a lot to like.
See tactics aside he has given the players and fans belief, and reasons to be positive, so even if his tactics arnt fully the reason we win, his presence at the club and on the side line is a massive motivational factor.
Some of our younger players would of grown up watching him play, a inspiring individual, born winner.

I remember thinking last year that we must have the worst dressing room in the league to be a part of. Just a team of individuals completely devoid of any character, fight, leadership etc.

Massive credit to Lampard for identifying and placing an emphasis on fixing this with the type of players we've brought in. We've got real leadership in the team now (at the back too where it's most vital) and the team performances are so much better.

Still early days but so far, so good.

Sorry mate, you’re not allowed to give Frank any credit at all for this. It’s all the doing of ‘big Kev Thelwell’ according to one poster ?

Status
Not open for further replies.