Match Thread Southampton vs Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant win! Two on the bounce. Did very well to get back into it so quickly. Poor after the goal but defended well. Great three points. Confidence booster. Get in.

Really poor, I think if they lost Ward Prowse for any period of time then they are in big trouble.

I had them to go down in August. They have some decent young players but have the look of Villa a decade ago, too much youth in key positions who make wrong decisions and that costs games at this level.

Adams had a huge chance at 1-1. Good job Maupay was signed rather than him as he's just not that clinical at key points.

Will not be finishing very high in league this season if you can't finish above Southampton.

Not the greatest game, with far too many misplaced passes all game and a dreadful goal to concede. But we managed to score 2 well-finished goals and hold onto a slightly deserved victory.

I think Onana, Gana & Iwobi's international games massively caught up with them in that second half. With so many games coming up we really need to be smart with our use of subs to keep these three going as much as possible because we lost the midfield pretty quickly once they dropped off.
Did Iwobi play in the second half?

Status
Not open for further replies.