2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it’s more reality-based than just flat out denying a player who gets injured a lot is injury prone, and just stating that as fact despite evidence pointing to the contrary. You do seem very angry about people suggesting Dominic Calvert-Lewin is injury prone.
I think I made my point in my original post, mate.

Rondon being linked with a move away before Tuesday. If that goes ahead, you’d have to think the club are confident in Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

As bad as Rondon has been, it would be criminal to let him go now when we can’t replace him. If Dominic Calvert-Lewin is still a doubt, keep Rondon til January 1st and have a striker signed so he can come in the first day and hopefully there is still interest in Rondon then
I think Lampard has made it quite obvious that he would rather play somebody out of position, rather than play Rondon. In my opinion that makes Lampard a good judge of a player. Rondon offers nothing going forward as he is too slow to keep up with our other players and, other than at set pieces, he offers nothing defensively either. He was a truly average player who age, and going off to China, has developed into a truly awful player.

He is, in effect, a passenger. If we can get hm off the wage bill it is good news.

Rondon being linked with a move away before Tuesday. If that goes ahead, you’d have to think the club are confident in Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

As bad as Rondon has been, it would be criminal to let him go now when we can’t replace him. If Dominic Calvert-Lewin is still a doubt, keep Rondon til January 1st and have a striker signed so he can come in the first day and hopefully there is still interest in Rondon then

…wouldn’t be ‘criminal’ at all. Rondon is totally ineffective.

What an angry response to people suggesting a player who’s injured all the time is going to he injured a lot of the time. Are you ok?
Didn't think it was angry at all Mike. In fact I thought it was quite funny and I'm pretty sure it was intended to be.

Amazing how the written word can be taken in completely different context by different people.

I think he finished, his body not up to it. Remember his interview about mental health, I bet this was down to his body breaking down.

For me, this stuff of leaving him out to make out like we want him fully fit, obviously means he is struggling with that thigh injury, us leaving him out to make it look like we want him fully fit wont mean he will get through games, he could easily get an injury not long into his comeback

At some point he needs to play or we'll never know if he can put games together.

The fact he's left out again shows he hasn't been able to get over this injury. Every week that goes by the concern gets bigger. This run of injuries goes back to August of last year - very nearly 14 months. Players recover from serious knee injuries or leg breaks much faster than that.

I hope for his sake and our sake that we can move on very soon from this period of his career but I'm not optimistic.

You say anger, I say part-humour.

There's far more time that Dominic Calvert-Lewin has played than not played.

To suggest it's now always going to be this way (as though it's fact) after a couple of consecutive injuries makes you one of those ppl I described in my previous post.

Sorry hun xx
Not in the past two years, there's not. He definitely is more injured than not currently. Saying anything else is just weird.

…wouldn’t be ‘criminal’ at all. Rondon is totally ineffective.
But if Rondon wasn’t there who would be the next man up for the bench today? There’s no one. Rondon is poor but at least he is available for matchday squads, and like he did against West Ham, can give you some effective hold up play late in a game. There’s clearly no future relying on Dom so I have no idea why we’d get shot of Rondon.

Status
Not open for further replies.