2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see him in the training video just released which was filmed yesterday.
When we played West Ham, the pre-match training video had snippets of Dom before him disappearing, especially for the element with the forwards.

I was then told he'd suffered a groin injury. If he's not on the video, I suspect we may not be seeing him today unless he was off doing something else.

The state of some people acting as though they've been able to access the future and know for certain that Dominic Calvert-Lewin's career is over...

You haven't got the slightest clue whether he'll remain injury prone or if he goes on to hitting 20+ goals per season for us, year after year.

So pipe down you attention seeking, farmfoods' shopping, reebok wearing, red-stripe drinking, tobacco breathers.

Stop acting like you know tings.

You don't even know who your dad is.

What's wrong with wearing Reebok? (Asking for a friend)

Need to look after him the same way Leeds are trying this season with Bamford.
We are stuck with him regardless even when he was at his peak performances 18 months ago no one battered an eye lid in trying to sign him.
Add his injury record over the last 12 months no club is going near him especially for the price we would demand.

He could get back to full fitness and maintain it but to do that and retain his form from the Ancelotti era, I'm not so sure it will happen.

What an angry response to people suggesting a player who’s injured all the time is going to he injured a lot of the time. Are you ok?
You say anger, I say part-humour.

There's far more time that DCL has played than not played.

To suggest it's now always going to be this way (as though it's fact) after a couple of consecutive injuries makes you one of those ppl I described in my previous post.

Sorry hun xx

You say anger, I say part-humour.

There's far more time that Dominic Calvert-Lewin has played than not played.

To suggest it's now always going to be this way (as though it's fact) after a couple of consecutive injuries makes you one of those ppl I described in my previous post.

Sorry hun xx

I mean it’s more reality-based than just flat out denying a player who gets injured a lot is injury prone, and just stating that as fact despite evidence pointing to the contrary. You do seem very angry about people suggesting DCL is injury prone.

Rondon being linked with a move away before Tuesday. If that goes ahead, you’d have to think the club are confident in DCL.

As bad as Rondon has been, it would be criminal to let him go now when we can’t replace him. If DCL is still a doubt, keep Rondon til January 1st and have a striker signed so he can come in the first day and hopefully there is still interest in Rondon then

Rondon being linked with a move away before Tuesday. If that goes ahead, you’d have to think the club are confident in Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

As bad as Rondon has been, it would be criminal to let him go now when we can’t replace him. If Dominic Calvert-Lewin is still a doubt, keep Rondon til January 1st and have a striker signed so he can come in the first day and hopefully there is still interest in Rondon then

Nope just desperate to cut the wage bill

Rondon being linked with a move away before Tuesday. If that goes ahead, you’d have to think the club are confident in Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

As bad as Rondon has been, it would be criminal to let him go now when we can’t replace him. If Dominic Calvert-Lewin is still a doubt, keep Rondon til January 1st and have a striker signed so he can come in the first day and hopefully there is still interest in Rondon then

Even when Rondon was fit and DCL/Maupay weren't a thing he didn't play. I don't think it matters if he goes.

I would disagree. For me, Rondon = nothing. So you don't need to replace nothing. If the choice is bringing him on or starting another midfielder, it's the latter every single time.

I'm sure a striker is top of our wish list for January.

Status
Not open for further replies.