Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
In the immortal words of Steve Wilson and Martin Keown.

"Five nil! Five nil! Absolute humiliation."

"Incredible. I'm afraid the dream has gone. Blown to smithereens by the way."

LAN4DB.png

Moshiri isn’t wealthy enough to handle it himself without Usmanov’s shadow money. I don’t think it will be this buyer, who seems a little lightweight himself, but I expect someone will come along before the new stadium opens.

Moshiri isn’t wealthy enough to handle it himself without Usmanov’s shadow money. I don’t think it will be this buyer, who seems a little lightweight himself, but I expect someone will come along before the new stadium opens.
I think this guy is only looking to invest in the stadium/buy a stake in the club rather than a full takeover.

I think this guy is only looking to invest in the stadium/buy a stake in the club rather than a full takeover.
Hard to know what the play is with a minority stake, I only see it reported on football insider mate.

Buying 20-30% in business thats making losses of 300 mill + over 3 years, with too much in an insignificant shareholding to influence any change to said spending or exert any type on control.

What would be the motivation, conceivably maybe three reasons 1) Invest and hope for an appreciation in the value of the club then sell your shareholding on. 2) Invest in a small shareholding and incrementally increase it with a virw to a full takeover. 3) The most concerning, the shareholders buy the stadium from the club and rent it to the club. Maybe also they could be looking at the Goodison site and legacy project - as property investors and investment managers this is the scenario I’m most concerned about, should it come to pass.