2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we could have a separate thread for all the players where anybody who thinks the player is MEGA TOP TOP WORLD CLASS or RUBBISH STEALING A LIVING can post in those, and the normal threads can just amble along with tea and crumpets, love and patience for everybody. Threads can be combined after two seasons of undeniable amazingness or scheisse-ness

He’s a kid, hype around him he can’t control, same as Onana or any other youngster his game will be up and down. If you set a fair expectation of him this season of contributing reasonably well I’d say he is doing fine against that. As a young player you also want to see progress at some point, for me it’s best judged at end of each season as they all jump up levels at different times. So long as he is doing the “contributing reasonably well” part in the meantime then I think we should be happy with that. Maybe that’s all he will ever do, and stays here for life, and that’s also fine.
Should be a poll at the top of every player thread ✅

Im totally behind him too, I just dont see the future star others claim they see. To me he looks much more like Mirallas light than the next big thing.
This is one of those situations where people take a stance in stark opposition to claims that have never been made.

All people have said so far is that he is promising and has potential to be even better. I don't think that's an unreasonable take at all.

Is he still world class or am I out the current loop ?
The Gordonometer is currently reflecting his performance v west ‘am unfortunately.

AAEEAC7C-3621-43B4-88EB-6930D4594A3E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.