2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
he fell and his leg was tangled up in the challenge and him/other player lumping themselves on him, twisting the knee/ankle as he goes down. No evidence of prior weakness. He was 7 games in and how many training sessions? Lots no doubt. The ankle was fine and there is NO evidence to suggest there was an ongoing issue. Shouting loudest on an Internet forum doesn't make it so.

I don't know why you aren't employed by the club as you seem to have any expert and insightful opinion that is unfailingly correct on so many diverse subjects.
They fell side by side. No one tumbled on top of him with downward pressure on his joints / tendons. That would be the concern.

It's a nothing challenge. He falls awkwardly and he's ended up with two sites of injury on his leg.

That's a concern.

….I don’t know the pitch in question, but talking generally the modern surfaces are very firm below stud level. Virtually an inch of give and then quite hard. FF is exactly the same as Goodison and worth checking out.

I’ve posted many times that they lend themselves to serious knee injuries because they literally have little give in them. They might be like bowling greens but I’d actually dislike playing on them, I think they are lots to do with how often these injuries occur in the modern game.

….I don’t know the pitch in question, but talking generally the modern pitches are very firm below stud level. Virtually an inch of give and then quite hard. FF is exactly the same.

I’ve posted many times that they lend themselves to serious knee injuries because they literally have little give in them. They might be like bowling greens but I’d actually dislike playing on them, I think they are lots to do with how often these injuries occur in the modern game.
But the word about Hampden that night was that it had a lot of water on it. It'd been raining a long time.

But the word about Hampden that night was that it had a lot of water on it. It'd been raining a long time.

…the point being, the ground below the top surface tends to remain firm. It’s why there’s no muddy shorts etc. Watering will make the ball ping a bit, it might even loosen the top surface up & make it slippy but below that they tend to remain quite hard.

Not to my liking but I dare say the modern pro knows no different.

…the point being, the ground below the top surface tends to remain firm. It’s why there’s no muddy shorts etc. Watering will make the ball ping a bit, it might even loosen the top surface up & make it slippy but below that they tend to remain quite hard.

Not to my liking but I dare say the modern pro knows no different.
I know that's why they spray pitches, but the rain was on for the day up there before hand IIRC. That had to soften the ground up.

Last edited:

I did say the other day that the ankle break could have been causing a structural issue in the same leg, and it seems like that may be the case here.

81E40825-11CE-47C7-BEC9-18C1FA890F62.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.