2022/23 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a bit strange how Allan has been frozen out completely.

Hints at something else, either personal/attitude issues maybe.

Or is he actually just the worst midfielder at the club? I'm not too sure he is.
Didnt Lampard freeze out Rudiger & Jorginho at certain points at Chelsea?
I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but it shows Lampard isnt scared to upset certain players if need be!

Or is he actually just the worst midfielder at the club? I'm not too sure he is.
He hasn't been frozen out completely though? He's been getting on the bench but it's clear he's behind others in the pecking order. Seeing as virtually everybody has complained about our midfield being abysmal for the entire 2 years he's been here it's quite difficult to understand why people are surprised that a bloke who's been a mainstay of it has been replaced, but I suppose he did have that good game against Spurs two years ago that people have clung to.

He hasn't been frozen out completely though? He's been getting on the bench but it's clear he's behind others in the pecking order. Seeing as virtually everybody has complained about our midfield being abysmal for the entire 2 years he's been here it's quite difficult to understand why people are surprised that a bloke who's been a mainstay of it has been replaced, but I suppose he did have that good game against Spurs two years ago that people have clung to.

The last two years have proven that game was more about how bad Spurs were under Mourinho than how good we were (even though we did play pretty well on the day).

Strange he hasn’t had a look in this season. I know he was injured towards the back end. We must sell in Jan to recoup something.
I think it is a combination of saving money and the manager not really relying on the player. We saw at the end of last season he was not playing in every game and our midfield was threadbare at that stage.
The arrival of Onana, Gueye and Garner as well as the return to fitness of Davies has made Allan surplus to requirements.

He isn't going to play much of a part I think, so if we can get him off the wage bill now, then we should do it. The savings can go on a signing elsewhere in January.

To me, he always seems on the verge of doing his hamstring anytime he attempts a sprint or an extended run.

He started well here, but in general terms he is just another player who came in with high expectations and high wages (I assume) and has generally flattered to deceive.

Can't be paying 100k a week to a 7th choice midfielder though, in the off chance 4 other guys get injured and he's needed to play. We've only got 10 league games between now and the window opening, during which period we'd pay him over a million to twiddle his thumbs. If there's a chance to get rid we have to take it.
"only 10 league games", also known as 30 points or over a quarter of the season...

We have to remember its not just injuries, its suspensions as well and we have 5 subs now.

If we sell / loan Allan before the October deadline in UAE, we will probably paying half his wages anyway so we are talking about possibly saving half of 3 months wages, £150k, from selling him now, vs selling him in January, when we can get a replacement.
If the manager is fine with it and thinks we have someone in the u21s who can play then fine, but if not then I think we should keep him till January.

He hasn't got the mobility to play consistently in the premier league at this stage of his career. Napoli got rid of him for this reason, and us buying him was always a stop gap.

He's been okay for us but was never a long term solution. Now that we've got a couple of quality midfielders, it makes sense to ship him off. His place in the squad no long justifies his wages.

"only 10 league games", also known as 30 points or over a quarter of the season...

We have to remember its not just injuries, its suspensions as well and we have 5 subs now.

If we sell / loan Allan before the October deadline in UAE, we will probably paying half his wages anyway so we are talking about possibly saving half of 3 months wages, £150k, from selling him now, vs selling him in January, when we can get a replacement.
If the manager is fine with it and thinks we have someone in the u21s who can play then fine, but if not then I think we should keep him till January.

I don't think we will be subsidising his wages with a UAE club. I think they're the only ones daft enough and rich enough to be interested in an absolutely finished Allan.

Status
Not open for further replies.