New Everton Stadium Discussion

That’s amazing. I want access to those models. Incredible stuff to see those cross sections.

Same, that cut section of the West Stand was boss (though I always thought Everton were very clever in showing that particular cut section in the renders as it made out like it would be a 3 tier stand, when in fact it's only thr middle section which looks like an additional tier and that's for the press). Still, that computer render then looked miles better than some we've only seen so far.

I WANT MORE!!!

Same, that cut section of the West Stand was boss (though I always thought Everton were very clever in showing that particular cut section in the renders as it made out like it would be a 3 tier stand, when in fact it's only thr middle section which looks like an additional tier and that's for the press). Still, that computer render then looked miles better than some we've only seen so far.

I WANT MORE!!!
I want a two and a half hour video of that, not two and a half minutes!

More, slow walk/fly-throughs please, Everton!

Total power ratings will be in the 10s of kW. Full floodlights won't be on all the time... 10 hours a week max. So 100kWh of energy in a week

Some very simple research on solar panels... About 20m² would provide 4kW in ideal conditions. So presuming they average out at half their idea output during daylight there's much much more capacity. There'll 100s of m² of solar panels.

But obviously the lights won't be needed when the panels are providing electrical power so there's two options

They will be if they have the ability to store the energy some how ..

Or sell electricity back to the grid which will offset out costs.
I cant see the solar panels being powerful enough to light the pitch up with solar floodlights.

Floodlights will be 240v LED

Total power ratings will be in the 10s of kW. Full floodlights won't be on all the time... 10 hours a week max. So 100kWh of energy in a week

Some very simple research on solar panels... About 20m² would provide 4kW in ideal conditions. So presuming they average out at half their idea output during daylight there's much much more capacity. There'll 100s of m² of solar panels.

But obviously the lights won't be needed when the panels are providing electrical power so there's two options

They will be if they have the ability to store the energy some how ..

Or sell electricity back to the grid which will offset out costs.
Presumably the power could be switched to the lamps that keep the grass constantly under light for growth.

I cant see the solar panels being powerful enough to light the pitch up with solar floodlights.

Floodlights will be 240v LED
Any players not involved in first team action, will be required to pedal the energy bikes. They increase the brightness of not only the floodlights, but all lights in and around the stadium. It keeps the players fit and keeps our energy bills down.