2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am made up we have Maupay, living in Brighton I have seen him play quite a lot and many of my mates are Brighton fans that were actually gutted he left. Strange as they were not that bothered when Cucurella and Bissouma left. He is a nice lad too, met him once in work and you can see he has a passion for the game. Brighton fans say he will always give 100% and whilst he can be frustrating with finishes at times he is a real crowd favourite for his effort. I am sure that he will be a favourite of ours if he keeps putting the effort in, Graham Potter said that he hasn't worked with a player that puts in so much effort into training as Maupay does however did drop him in the end with Maupay having a drop in form. He's reliable though, not injured often and that is the sort of player we need. Excited to see how he does with us, massive goal on Saturday that made the difference between 1 and 3 points.

I've always thought he's not a great goalscorer but might be a scorer of great goals. He scored a few belters for Brighton and then would miss the easier chances, similar to the chance missed against the rs and then how good his goal was against West Ham.

No time to think = good Maupay
Time to think = not so good Maupay

But as long as he keeps making a nuisance of himself, working hard for the team and bringing others into play, I don't think we'll go far wrong with him at all.

I've always thought he's not a great goalscorer but might be a scorer of great goals. He scored a few belters for Brighton and then would miss the easier chances, similar to the chance missed against the rs and then how good his goal was against West Ham.

No time to think = good Maupay
Time to think = not so good Maupay

But as long as he keeps making a nuisance of himself, working hard for the team and bringing others into play, I don't think we'll go far wrong with him at all.
Radzinski was like that in front of goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.