2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello from Asia :p

Footballing soccer isnt for you

He'll benefit Patterson and also Mykolenko through his unselfish play (opposite of Gray) and should feed Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

Ideally we splash the cash on a right forward next summer with Kean and other funds.

A ray of sunshine through a chink in the armour there Kev.

So what about my order Zat??? Number 59 please!

I was happy with his signing but the more I see how we set up and how he plays and has been so poor the stranger this signing appears.
Clearly he is completely lacking in confidence. However the way FL has turned Iwobi around means I'm not writing him off.

I thought he was anonymous when he came on yesterday. I'm sure he will prove his worth eventually, Lampard and Thelwell obviously see something in him, but, he is not the player I would have chosen to spend a large amount of our transfer budget on. Having said that, I felt the same way about Alex Iwobi, so...what do I know?

I thought he was anonymous when he came on yesterday. I'm sure he will prove his worth eventually, Lampard and Thelwell obviously see something in him, but, he is not the player I would have chosen to spend a large amount of our transfer budget on. Having said that, I felt the same way about Alex Iwobi, so...what do I know?
Yes, I think patience and work on the training ground are what’s needed. I’ll give Lampard the benefit of the doubt with any player, having seen with my own eyes what he’s done for Iwobi.

We’re also at a point where we’re seeing improvement in the team and we’re not needing McNeil to be a Richarlison replacement or anything crazy like that. So hopefully there will be less pressure on him, and he’ll have space to grow into his role.

McNeil is a hard working wide midfielder, not really a winger or a forward. Would probably shine in a bog standard 4-4-2, but we are never going to play that.

He is exactly the type of player to bring on to defend a lead or the type of player to start away from home against better opposition where you won't have much of the ball (e.g. City) so if this becomes his role at the club, then so be it.

A good option to have IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.