2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a fair comment but there's many people in their support who couldn't care less about that aspect of Rangers

I'd not go as far as to say it's the vocal few but the more progressive amongst the support won't care for it

It would be kind of ironic for myself as an atheist whose had masses of Celtic supporting friends my whole life for example
My experience of Glaswegian bigotry is quite different

Here is an interesting fact about myself. My dads Protestant and my Mum is Catholic, I grew up in England but was born in Glasgow.

Guess why my parents HAD to move.

Yeah, as I say I don't come from Glasgow

I saw a similar thing about Alex Ferguson in his recent documentary where pressure was put on him by the Rangers hierarchy about his wife being Catholic

Alex Ferguson therefore being the perfect example of what I'm describing

A Rangers fan and an actual Rangers player who was in fact born in Govan in Glasgow who clearly isn't sectarian

So to assume all Rangers fans are sectarian is just too simple an approach

Anyway I'm just going to chat about Nathan Patterson on here from now on

Someone photoshop me a lemon cat head thingy onto a picture of Patterson please? It'll be my new profile picture.

@Jimishorts ?
746B79B7-F3A7-4C39-81EF-5B2D0D9961AE.jpeg
69BDFBF0-22AB-4612-8230-B083B54EA346.jpeg
34BD8E8C-93D9-4A7D-98C0-06119019B497.jpeg
96A0D371-FA4D-4202-9B8B-7FF0A7F2B3F9.jpeg
BF16A0E6-5110-4CBD-B300-9AB06B038B29.jpeg
2828EF7D-1F4E-466B-B746-EEF4E090551C.jpeg

Take your pick pal.
x

Looks a much better defender than Coleman.

Behave. As a pure defender he's not fit to lace Seamus' boots...yet.

Perhaps you don't realise that Rangers have fans from all over Scotland and all over the world

In Scotland Sectarianism is only really a big deal in the central belt

Many Scottish Rangers fans that weren't brought up there were never involved with all that nonsense

Anyway I'd prefer to chat about Everton on this forum if possible

Please. By all means lets chat about Everton but stop the pretence that Rangers aren't overrun by bigots.

I've given my valid reasons for suspecting this player's defensive frailties - and they HAVE contributed to defeats so far this season - and I've stated the derby was a very welcome straw in the wind that he may be able to be a much better defender.

I say what I see - which is what the manager saw last season. I dont think that's an unreasonable stance to take. It's far more unreasonable than - as some have done here - to suggest he is or will be a "great" after 6 appearances for Everton.
What valid reasons , you utterly lambasted him from the moment we were linked because he played for rangers nothing more nothing less. The lad got injured last season and has hit the ground running from his first PL game and is improving week on week. Your a twisted bigot end off and being shown up for what you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.