New Everton Stadium Discussion

Frightening the speed this new stadium is flying up. One looks at Goodison - given how tired and and aged she is - and the recent derby rammed home how much of an absolute palace we're leaving and the sheer ferocity and energy she is capable of when packed with a seething crowd. Not too many games potentially left at her... would dearly love to see a final trophy paraded within her before we finally say goodbye.

I'm not gonna cry.... honest

I've just thought you know, and it not something that has really crossed my mind before, but, with so little on site concrete pouring going on and the manufacture of the vast majority of it in a clean, secure and monitored facility, there is very little chance for any RS to bury their clubs shirts in the stadium.

I've just thought you know, and it not something that has really crossed my mind before, but, with so little on site concrete pouring going on and the manufacture of the vast majority of it in a clean, secure and monitored facility, there is very little chance for any RS to bury their clubs shirts in the stadium.

As long as they are wearing them I don't mind as much Jacko.....

Just joking so no one takes offence. :)

Hows about this as part of the opening ceremony:

New Stadium at Bramley Moore Dock, (whatever it may be named), full to the rafters with blues and away supporters of a team befitting the event.

Stadium floodlights are off and the stadium is in near darkness. The Big screens stop showing historic Everton games and iconic players and reverts to a live image of a laser beam being shone from Prince Ruperts Tower to a floodlit Goodison Park.

The laser beam goes out and the lights at Goodison fade.

A moment later (you've guessed it) the laser hits New Stadium, floodlights turn on and fireworks start.

Cant wait.

New Stadium at Bramley Moore Dock, (whatever it may be named), full to the rafters with blues and away supporters of a team befitting the event.

Stadium floodlights are off and the stadium is in near darkness. The Big screens stop showing historic Everton games and iconic players and reverts to a live image of a laser beam being shone from Prince Ruperts Tower to a floodlit Goodison Park.

A moment later (you've guessed it) the laser hits New Stadium, floodlights turn on and fireworks start.

Cant wait.
Even better - the laser beams destroy both of our old grounds one after the other and reduce them both to rubble

Cant wait.

Imagine a Liverbird taking off from our HQ and flying up the Mersey, landing on the stadium roof and then morphing into a huge badge that fills the gap in the roof. Cue huge firework show.

….I keep saying it, but it’s amazing watching the construction close up. Not sure what the concrete slabs are with metal rows on top, presume it’s for cable etc to run through & another sheet goes on top.

The metal forms the reinforcement for the slab to add strength. There will be a concrete topping added later to form a complete reinforced concrete deck.

Last edited:

I thought that but can amost guarantee there will be a rumour to come out at some point. That lot will just make it up even if it isn't true!

I thought about that also but came to the conclusion that it might bring us some of their luck

Bring it on!