Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be a mammoth effort to avoid the drop this season.

To avoid it we have to see a striker of some note in and probably another one alongside. We need Gueye or similar and we need a better replacement for Gordon than McNeil.

I cant see us doing that type of business, and losing class players like Richarlison and Gordon who's energy and dermination kept us up last season will rebound on us badly.

If Forest prevent us getting 3 points it's an uphill task to 40 points and safety.

It's unforgivable that the club left this team without a striker to contest for 9 vital points...and maybe even more if we dont get one in before Brentford.
Understand what your saying about a striker but your determining the rest of our season on the result against Forest.

Understand what your saying about a striker but your determining the rest of our season on the result against Forest.
If we're bottom of the table come Saturday the mood changes with the players and the fans. We cant afford that. Unless we get quality in to replace the undoubted quality we're losing then I dont see us getting to 40 points.

Who comes in will determine our fate, because as it stands these players wont have the ability to pull us through.

We are not getting relegated, simple as.
Sure we're pretty muck at the moment but as soon as everyone is fit and available we'll see a massive improvement. There are easily 3 worse teams than us.
In Frank we Trust!

What makes you think there’s going to be any point this season where our whole squad is fit and available?

If we're bottom of the table come Saturday the mood changes with the players and the fans. We cant afford that. Unless we get quality in to replace the undoubted quality we're losing then I dont see us getting to 40 points.

Who comes in will determine our fate, because as it stands these players wont have the ability to pull us through.
And if we’re not?

Dithering, bargaining and 2 pound 50 down payments: How Everton were relegated from the premier league. Burn it down. This club is an absolute farce.

From September it will be an uphill struggle after a bad August.

This lot as it stands will struggle to scrape 35 points this season.

You can prepare for championship football next season, the club are financially hamstrung and have a really second rate squad with zero firepower.

Indulge my curiosity Davester, what do you feel is different between this season and last under Benitez?

I seem to recall similar arguments being made, admittedly by the Benitez out camp, to yours. Which you rebutted at the time.

There was a time 15 years ago, when this used to be quite a positive forum. Or is that old age playing tricks?
We had Moyes back then so we all knew at the very least the team were working their balls off. We also had teams we knew were bankers for points back then. It's a much tighter league now...and there seems to be swathes of cash everywhere but here.
Not an awful lot to be cheerful about really.

3 games in ffs

Yes. Or you want to keep pushing it back after we keep losing.. 3, 5, 10, 15? 18th in December and 6 points off safety. All signs right now point to now striker reinforcements which means relegation.
I’d love to borrow that crystal ball, Christ the negativity is pathetic atm. Yes it’s been a bad start results wise but performance wise it hasn’t, people are acting like we’re not getting a forward all season, we will. I’d rather we actually get the right players in than just drop money on any old tat just to satisfy impatient urges

Status
Not open for further replies.