Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called an opinion.

FL has been very, very vocal about being 100% right behind DCL from the moment he arrived; praising him at every opportunity, right up to pre-season. Prior to the injury the club had been linked with and were actively moving for defenders and midfielders. I don't recall much chat about or action over looking for a No9 because DCL was "looking great" in training according to FL.

It's not a far-fetched take to suggest that a No9 was not a priority for our limited resources based on the faith and trust and backing FL had in DCL, compared to other areas of the team that also needed addressing. We might sign a striker, we might not; but there is nothing to suggest the club were "secretly working on it all along, super-duper-promise" until our injury prone striker got injured, yet again.

Hardly a wild take for anyone who has used reason and critical thinking before.
This is the key point. We desperately needed to upgrade the midfield, which we have done with Onana and hope to do with Gana, and central defence, which we've done with Tarkowski and Coady. Then we wanted to upgrade attacking midfield with the loss of Richarlison. While we were probably always going to look to upgrade on Rondon, we weren't doing to splash the cash there - that wasn't one of the biggest needs heading into the season. DCL's injury changed that calculus

This is the key point. We desperately needed to upgrade the midfield, which we have done with Onana and hope to do with Gana, and central defence, which we've done with Tarkowski and Coady. Then we wanted to upgrade attacking midfield with the loss of Richarlison. While we were probably always going to look to upgrade on Rondon, we weren't doing to splash the cash there - that wasn't one of the biggest needs heading into the season. DCL's injury changed that calculus
This really. We couldn’t go into this season with the CB and CM options we had. Those positions will end up being being improved. Gordon is taking the left forward position and we were hoping DCL would be our striker. His injury means w3 are scratching round for a player in the bin ends.

As things stand now, I believe we are one of the teams who will be relegated

The next two weeks and the quality of those signings will determine if we stay up.
100% these next few signings are crucial to our season. We have looked better defensively and as a unit but still lacking creativity and a goal scorer.

As it stands today, we are very likely to be relegated.

3 or more key signings could change this but there isn’t much time left.

Do you have faith that the board can make the right decisions in the next two weeks given their track record over the last few years?

As it stands today, we are very likely to be relegated.

3 or more key signings could change this but there isn’t much time left.

Do you have faith that the board can make the right decisions in the next two weeks given their track record over the last few years?
Absolutely agree. Everyone around us is adding both numbers and quality, and we are dithering about as usual doing nothing. I can see us quite easily being on zero points by the end of the month. We basically have 2 weeks to save ourselves with quality attacking additions, no faith in this board to get that done. This may be the season.

Defo candidates for a relegation struggle. Too early to be saying we will be relegated though.

I agree

I haven't been saying we are definitely going down because that's just stupid. One goal could be the difference between 17th or 18th come May

But I find it hard to see how we are not in a relegation battle late in the season with this dismal squad. Unless we find two good goalscorers, we are not going to be clear of trouble.

Once we get beat on Saturday, whilst we huff and puff trying to create a half chance for the over weight Rondon or the CBA Dele this place and the crowd will start to turn.

This board have let this team go into the season with this squad is scandalous, it will definitely come back to bite them.

They also let Frank hang out to dry as well, who will eventually take the flack from the media and then the fans

It'll be a mammoth effort to avoid the drop this season.

To avoid it we have to see a striker of some note in and probably another one alongside. We need Gueye or similar and we need a better replacement for Gordon than McNeil.

I cant see us doing that type of business, and losing class players like Richarlison and Gordon who's energy and dermination kept us up last season will rebound on us badly.

If Forest prevent us getting 3 points it's an uphill task to 40 points and safety.

It's unforgivable that the club left this team without a striker to contest for 9 vital points...and maybe even more if we dont get one in before Brentford.

Status
Not open for further replies.