Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A lot of the people you describe wrote Gordon off early doors and now they need him to fail so they can be right
Perhaps, but far far more built him up - mainly because he is local.

Truth is, the default for any player is "he will not be a success" because most players aren't. They get a chance and eventually get shipped off without having achieved a whole lot. I like Gordon. But he's really just potential right now and some of his admirers would actually be doing him a favour by dialling down the hype. Same applies to Lampard's fans. The reasonable fans - who make up the majority - will start to lose patience more quickly than they might if they keep hearing how wonderful Gordon/Lampard is/are when the evidence before their eyes - and results - tells them otherwise.

Hence my point. A lot of the grief Gordon is getting is because some people are fed up of the baseless hype that has built him up.

Better much better...

Set pieces look like our best hope
I said it before.... apart from at the moment having no striker, I do not feel that this team is either poor or playing particularly badly.

There's a lot of work to do on the training ground and with new additions, alongside players returning from injury, I think we're more than able to be mid-table.

Still, it may be easier to knee-jerk and claim relegation fodder.

Status
Not open for further replies.