"Watch Classic Matches Again"

The mid-70s wasn't a great era for any
The dog days of 75/6 - this was just after we'd been knocked out of the League Cup by Notts County and then let in five at Leeds. Latchford had been dropped, having not scored for about 12 games - hence his eagerness to nick a goal off George Telfer. I think he then scored in 6 consecutive games. Defence a shambles and the confidence just ebbed away after they scored their comical opener.
I have to say, as a fan of always watching those Big Match Revisted's and classic MOTD episodes, the mid-70s definitely gets my vote as the worst era in televised English football.

Yes it's amazing to remember how poor he was and then becoming the world's best
Definitely. But being dropped and sent out on loan helped him become the great goalie he was. I remember how poor Schmeichel was in Euro 88 and he also became a great keeper. So, he's hardly alone in having some bad times- they all do.

On another note, McMahon seldom seems to have a bad game when i re-watch this old footage.

Definitely. But being dropped and sent out on loan helped him become the great goalie he was. I remember how poor Schmeichel was in Euro 88 and he also became a great keeper. So, he's hardly alone in having some bad times- they all do.

On another note, McMahon seldom seems to have a bad game when i re-watch this old footage.
I remember seeing McMahon on his debut in a friendly. Think he was 17. He looked class

He was a great player, thats why - we stood with fans claiming how great he was going to be for us in the future..........doh