New Everton Stadium Discussion

The reason we need a station between Moorfields and Sandhills is because it's a distance of getting on for 2 miles and that is ridiculous for the inner city for a metro style train network like Merseyrail.

If we are looking to redevelop the so called Ten Streets we need a station about half way between, no question. That's the reason for the station being necessary. That said, there is zero chance of it being built given the economic climate, the fact that we don't do public transport in this country and even if we do all the money is spent on London.

…the Ten Streets are a very easy walking distance, between BMD & Moorfields.

A new station would be nice but I doubt will happen. Easier if Merseyrail just doubled the frequency of trains on matchdays. After Chelsea the Kirkdale platforms were rammed and some trains were only 3 car ,leaving hundreds on the platform. Sundays is worse when it's only a 30 minute service . When BMD opens it's going to be quicker to walk down to Moorfields .

A new station would be nice but I doubt will happen. Easier if Merseyrail just doubled the frequency of trains on matchdays. After Chelsea the Kirkdale platforms were rammed and some trains were only 3 car ,leaving hundreds on the platform. Sundays is worse when it's only a 30 minute service . When BMD opens it's going to be quicker to walk down to Moorfields .
There was a discussion at some levels of having a new station, with plans for match day having the stations working on a directional basis.

For example, Sandhills would accept city bound before the game and northbound afterwards, with the other station having the alternate.

Think it will consistently sell out at the current capacity, risk of empty seats closer to 60k. Less seats more demand and ability to charge more per ticket.

Just to add the more seats you add the more expensive it gets and those seats will be the cheapest to sell so it’s a balancing act.

There was a discussion at some levels of having a new station, with plans for match day having the stations working on a directional basis.

For example, Sandhills would accept city bound before the game and northbound afterwards, with the other station having the alternate.
Yes that would work if indeed there were two stations. When Joe Andersen was around he was pushing the idea of a new station but haven't heard any mention since. We'll end up with a corralling system at Sandhills like they do at Wembley Park ( which worked well on our last visit I recall ) .
As i said earlier it's going to be quicker to walk if you go into town. This is where the club could cash in by having bars open after the match.

Yes that would work if indeed there were two stations. When Joe Andersen was around he was pushing the idea of a new station but haven't heard any mention since. We'll end up with a corralling system at Sandhills like they do at Wembley Park ( which worked well on our last visit I recall ) .
As i said earlier it's going to be quicker to walk if you go into town. This is where the club could cash in by having bars open after the match.
With one station, by the time you’ve walked to Sandhills and as you’ve mentioned waited in the masses that’ll be there you’ll likely be in town.

I know they’ve mentioned shuttle busses too into the city, however again it’ll come down to the finer details: regularity and capacity.

…the Ten Streets are a very easy walking distance, between BMD & Moorfields.
The mid point of Ten Streets is 15 minutes from either station. If the area is to reach its potential as soon as it can it needs a station, not a railway running through it. That is why Baltic is getting one. We need Ten Streets for the north end. The south side of the city centre is getting a station, what about north Liverpool? It's been neglected for decades.

The reason we need a station between Moorfields and Sandhills is because it's a distance of getting on for 2 miles and that is ridiculous for the inner city for a metro style train network like Merseyrail.

If we are looking to redevelop the so called Ten Streets we need a station about half way between, no question. That's the reason for the station being necessary. That said, there is zero chance of it being built given the economic climate, the fact that we don't do public transport in this country and even if we do all the money is spent on London.
A new station just pushes the problem half a mile away - capacity and frequency of the trains will remain the constraint. Two stations doesn't half the problem.

A new station just pushes the problem half a mile away - capacity and frequency of the trains will remain the constraint. Two stations doesn't half the problem.
I was suggesting we need a new station for Ten Streets not because of BMD. The public transport issue for BMD will be sorted if/when we get shuttle buses to/from various locations around the city.