2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need a back up. We need a viable alternative because DCL is not reliable with injuries. I couldn't care less about other positions right now because the lack of goals will cost us points every week. Chelsea were there for the taking and we couldn't because the recruitment has been crap and left the manager high and dry.
Well we’re not buying a ready made, £100m striker and never were. So you’ll continue to be worried

Only real criticism I’d have would be him only using 3 subs

Aside from that I don’t have anything critical to say

His hands were kind of tied today
Not really his fault due to the three substitution windows rule and two of the subs being for injury. It's a silly rule, injury subs shouldn't really count.

Well we’re not buying a ready made, £100m striker and never were. So you’ll continue to be worried

It's a goalscorer we need. They come in different forms, some are traditional 9s, some play as a 10 between the lines, some play in the inside wider channels.

But we currently have none available in our squad and will get relegated if we don't sign one. Focusing on other positions right now is rearranging the deck chairs.

Only real criticism I’d have would be him only using 3 subs

Aside from that I don’t have anything critical to say

His hands were kind of tied today

….not sure how the substitution rule works, Mikey. At one point I think it was mentioned he’d used all his subs because of injuries in the intervals allowed?

I’m sure somebody will clarify.

Maybe I'm glass half empty, but today just confirmed my concerns. We can strengthen all we like in other positions but the squad has no goals whatsoever and we are going down unless a good forward is signed as soon as possible.

I wouldn’t worry mate, Big Kev Thelwell is “doing bits” apparently and Mosh Man has turned the money fountain back on, so we should see this glaring concern addressed immediately.

It's a goalscorer we need. They come in different forms, some are traditional 9s, some play as a 10 between the lines, some play in the inside wider channels.

But we currently have none available in our squad and will get relegated if we don't sign one. Focusing on other positions right now is rearranging the deck chairs.
You’ve just said we need a striker to replace Dom, so wouldn’t it be pretty pointless buying a another wide forward. We clearly need a striker, a number 9 whose sole purpose is to score.

However, they are not cheap and like I said we may need patience, to either see if our main target becomes available or another option does.

You’ve just said we need a striker to replace Dom, so wouldn’t it be pretty pointless buying a another wide forward. We clearly need a striker, a number 9 whose sole purpose is to score.

However, they are not cheap and like I said we may need patience, to either see if our main target becomes available or another option does.

We’ve been patient all summer. We need to see movement as soon as possible, we need a striker signed before our next game.

It doesn't have to be an out and out 9. There are flexible players in the Richarlison mould who we can target, who can play different positions, but will offer goal threat in them all.

I don't see how we can possibly show patience when the club sold Richarlison weeks ago. It's shambolic and they deserve no excuses. They've cost us the game today by not getting another goalscorer and the manager deserves an apology for being expected to win football matches with those options.

I'm not being negative either. Anyone with a bit of football knowledge knows what happens if you refuse to recruit goalscorers.

Well that’s not what I’ve been told on here. As far as I’m aware Moshiri has changed things up this summer and given Thelwell full control over transfers, so unlucky mate.

'Full Control ' and its still debatable if Moshiri is doing that, means no outside influences from non football people
Simply wouldn't work if Kev and Frank don't work together on who improves the team. Ultimately Frank picks the team, so no point Kev going out on his own for someone the manager won't play

Is it better to get someone like Batshuayi in next week or wait until deadline day for Broja, whom is supposed to be his target all summer? With no guarantee of course that we'd get him then either.

It's a conundrum. Get someone in now for a reasonable fee or wait. Broja may go for £30m or for a loan fee or not at all.

These are tough calls but we'll drop points we could otherwise gain between now and the end of August unless something happens.

….not sure how the substitution rule works, Mikey. At one point I think it was mentioned he’d used all his subs because of injuries in the intervals allowed?

I’m sure somebody will clarify.
Yeah, 5 subs but you can only bring them on at 3 points in the match. It's crazy that no provision seems to be there for forced injury substitutions as you are effectively double penalised for an injury as you lose the player AND one of your substitution windows. It would be fairer if injury substitutions either didn't count as a "window" or if that is open to abuse you could say that first half subs don't count as a window, since the majority of first half subs will be forced.

That said I guess Lampard could've been cleverer and got someone else on during Yerry's substitution as that was the last chance, but that requires a snap decision and maybe bringing on a player who isn't quite ready.

There won’t be striker in before the next game, I’d be 100% confident of that.

Well we have virtually no chance of getting a positive result then. It's that simple. Every game we go into without a top flight level forward is a game we have virtually no chance of winning.

What sort of backing is this for the manager? What other club in top flight football operates like this?

If he isn't given a forward he has no chance, and our fans will end up turning on him because they don't understand the real problems at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.