Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this fella will bring repect back to this club giving time.

He's no mug

Well has he not strengthened centre back and fullback?

Plus we didn’t know DCL was going to break down again

We are weak in depth in the centre forward department. Even if DCL had not got injured this week then surely it shouldn’t have to take an injury for them to see we are lacking there.

It’s the lack of foresight that gets me, planning ahead for different scenarios so if they arise they are better prepared to be sorted and I rarely see this from us. There always seems to be issues here , always excuses, problems that need fixing, papering over cracks and it’s like a scurry to sort it time and again.

We play one striker up top, that's DCL when fit....

Rondon is an average replacement and our youngster's are nowhere near good enough, if Lampard or Thelwell thought as much they wouldn't be out on loan. Do we spend a a fortune on a backup striker??

Thelwell has a big task

Rondon is an average replacement and our youngster's are nowhere near good enough, if Lampard or Thelwell thought as much they wouldn't be out on loan. Do we spend a a fortune on a backup striker??

Thelwell has a big task
We could get a forward that plays across the front three which is what we have been looking at by all accounts

Hope to see us have more room in the transfer window next season, so can see what type of players he wants to bring in. I am happy so far what he has done esp with the youth teams.

Say we sign Dennis, the lad from Wolves and Tarkowski he's hardly a genius is he? You could get someone off the street who could identify those targets.
“don’t know why he’s throwing big money at some midfielder from Tajikistan we never heard of who had three assists in Turkey last season, he was DOF at Wolves, can’t he get us Gibbs-White or some of his other signings there”

If anyone can get us out of this mess, the guy I’d never heard of until we employed him as our Director of Football can.
He’s done ok so far. He’s brought in players we can afford who shore up weak areas. Another striker has not yet been signed but it may be that for whatever reason not related to his competence level or the board’s fecklessness he was able to close McNeil, for example, before Dennis or Cornet. Striker is the only item on the shopping list that hasn’t been addressed and it happens to be where we got the injury.

Thelwell has a big task
I'm with you there.

"Why did we send Simms loan?!?!"

Because he makes Rondon look like Brazilian Ronaldo.

I'm even seeing shouts for Broadhead. That's an Unsworth classic right there. Stifled in the U23 for too long then an average loan to a league one team.

We're going to play without a centre forward on Saturday, and spend the remainder of the window scratching around for a cheap/free back up. Is that Italian lad still available on a Bosman?

Status
Not open for further replies.