Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manager is being let down. These forward options are not suitable for top flight football.

Get a forward in now and support the manager.

I said a while back, you have to ask why the manager isnt being backed.

He was never Moshiris man. I can see a world where Moshiri is churlish and withholds funds.

A bit of a stupid thing to do. But its Moshiri all over really.

We didnt know but we should have been prepared because it was always quite likely.
I think he probably saw that DCL had a bit of a freak injury last season and given our pressing needs striker was a little lower than other positions given we do have a number 2 (bad as he is).

Plus it’s pretty hard to sign half decent strikers!

We didnt know but we should have been prepared because it was always quite likely. This is all fairly predictable but we gambled on everything being ok.

It was always a risk. The thing with DCL is he is a very specific type of striker too. So we likely have to change the way we play.

I'm quite optimistic, but him being out for any length of time is a disaster.

I think he probably saw that DCL had a bit of a freak injury last season and given our pressing needs striker was a little lower than other positions given we do have a number 2 (bad as he is)
Muscle injuries for a young player are a major concern. I did my hamstring like 10 years ago and its still not totally 100%. These muscle issues don't get better with age either.

I think he probably saw that DCL had a bit of a freak injury last season and given our pressing needs striker was a little lower than other positions given we do have a number 2 (bad as he is).

Plus it’s pretty hard to sign half decent strikers!

Rondon is woeful mate. No championship team would touch him.

I don’t care how he signs one, whether it loan, free, money. His job is to strengthen the team. So yeh he is just as useless
Again he’s trying to, Broja (Chelsea reluctant atm), Batshuayi (may be easier to do but high wages a stumbling block), Cornet (us and others don’t want to pay the release clause)

Brands would have slammed the panic button and gave a free agent (Belotti) a massive contract and wage or offered a massive amount for either of the former two named players

Well has he not strengthened centre back and fullback?

Plus we didn’t know DCL was going to break down again

Considering he has been absent for large period last Yr and has had injuries in previous season as well, it take a brave or stupid dof to think he was gonna last all season

Again he’s trying to, Broja (Chelsea reluctant atm), Batshuayi (may be easier to do but high wages a stumbling block), Cornet (us and others don’t want to pay the release clause)

Brands would have slammed the panic button and gave a free agent (Belotti) a massive contract and wage or offered a massive amount for either of the former two named players

Sick of hearing the name Broja, his name gets mentioned every other day and there has been no bids. I would take Belotti over Rondon

I said a while back, you have to ask why the manager isnt being backed.

He was never Moshiris man. I can see a world where Moshiri is churlish and withholds funds.

A bit of a stupid thing to do. But its Moshiri all over really.

We fans do not have nearly enough information or knowledge on the finances of the club to say a manager isn’t being backed.

Status
Not open for further replies.