Expectations for the Coming Season ?

Well ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Current squad: battling relegation

Add Gana, Gilmour (or equivalents) and decent striker: bottom half but clear of serious trouble

Add the above plus a genuine quality creative / attacking influence: top half.

It all depends on this month, unfortunately for us the current midfield options are relegation standard. Same with the back up striker and defenders.

If we bring Gueye in and manage to get lucky with injuries (as if), then we could be sound. If we add a decent striker and another creative midfielder then we could have a very decent season, considering the nightmare of last season.

10-12.

Solidification. Improvement of individual players. Time to bed in to FL's way of playing. Fans onside with Frank, no FSW toxicity.

Plus, I almost hate to say it for fear of jinxing us, and the jury is still out on many,but starting with the January window-

Patterson
Mykolenko
Dele
Tarkowski
Vinagre
McNeil
TBD...

is it possible, just maybe, that we've done good business and it will show on the pitch?

:Blink:

I thought another relegation battle, but....

With the addition of Tarkowski, Vinagre and McNeil. I think we can get lower mid-table....

And if we can get Gueye and another odd signing, who knows?

Top 8 or 9 :D

Thinking Dele might shine a bit more too ;)

two more midfielders & an attacker in & some more luck with injuries (DCL & Mina) we could finish between 7th-12th, if we don't sign anymore and this is our squad probably lower bottom half 13th-16th

Crap.

Would take 17th right now. 1 year closer to Bramley Moore, 1 year further down the P & L restrictions.
Wouldn't Bramley Moore continue to just be one year further away without an investor to finish it though :oops: I'm sure all these site visits and updates would dry up without the injection of funds to finish the build. If we finished 17th again, I couldn't see us making the deadline.

I reckon we'll finish 15th - we'll get more home wins that we should've got, against jarg sides. We'll still struggle enough defensively and with set pieces to ensure we stay middle of the bottom table. But a chance to build for 2023/24.

Sorry I can't live up to your happy clapping standard of super-fanning. Not clear what has happened this off season that makes you confident for next season. Perhaps if Lampard had walked like was threatened we might have had the hope of a decent manager to try to get a tune out of the team.

I expect to be able to enjoy a very long close season due to us having reached the 40 point mark by mid March

10th to 13th if Gana comes in and we keep bulk of the squad fit. Tarks and gana vastly improve the spine of our team compared with last year.

Hope any other additions are also improvements and not a last minute trolley dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.