#27 Years/NSNOW/#AllTogetherNow Fan Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on this, I support any fans right to protest, but the Blue Union protests ended up with so much in-fighting and name calling amongst the fan base it quickly created a schism and rapidly led to a ‘if you’re not for us, you’re against us’ mindset, which was possibly the most toxic period I remember?
it would be nice to think that the events towards the end of last season demonstrated that whether we protest or not, whether we have differences on how to express our anger / disappointment or not, we are all Blues at the end of the day and need to stick together where it counts, e.g. when the refs whistle blows.

The Blue Union was instrumental in putting the skids under Kenwright's ownership which eventually led to him selling up. It had a lot of support amongst a lot of Evertonians and morphed into organisations like the Fans Supporting Foodbanks set up outside Goodison. The 27 minute group are a lot more circumspect. They want not so much a sale of the club as new stewards for it, and they are purely a lobbying group with no social ambitions in the community. The rupture between the Blue Union and other fans was between happy clappers for Kenwright satisfied with more of the top half finishes and fans with more ambition. This time everyone is singing the same song but on different pages of the hymn-sheet - that's where the discord will come from.

In short: it isn't a great parallel.

I don't think it's as simple as that. People can be unhappy with the situation although still feel some concern over how best to communicate such worries.

Personally, I'm more than accepting of the idea of today's protest, however it has to be done suitably, which is the challenge.
I`ve seen all the messages from the campaign, they have called for people attending to leave the statues, Goodison and the memorials alone, no defacing.

IF this happens this will be down to the individual and not the campaign as they are doing their best to communicate defacing anything is unacceptable.

1658566020004.png

This I feel is a key point because one of the only good things that came out of last season was that sense of unity - the fans coming together so to speak.

Sadly, I think we may need that unity once again, yet we can't fall into the trap of thinking its guaranteed. On the flip side, can we sit around and let things crumble.
I dont understand this concern to be honest.

Protesting against ownership and the board has no impact on the support for the team on a matchday. I dont see how this affects the players or unity. The only way it effects unity is if supporters aren't mature enough to accept differences of opinion.

If we need to have a bit of a siege mentality as supporters this year then so be it. Everton supporters are smart enough to know they need to back the team and push them over the line (we saw it happen), but that doesn't mean we should just shut up and back a failing board and owner out of some notion of loyalty or unity.

You're protesting a symptom then and not the root cause.

No. It's strategy: everyone knows what the real cause is and what the ultimate solution is; but you keep everyone together by targeting an immediate problem that the current hierarchy are responsible for.

As I said yesterday: to demand this board is replaced at this moment in time is like demanding a revolution to solve the cost of living crisis - it'd solve it for sure, but it's implausible.

No, they mainly laugh at us because the majority of our fan base which act as our face are cringey and I feel bad saying it, gimps.
Your posts in this thread are a load of rubbish

I know lots of reds. If I didnt have reds as mates I would have no mates. They laugh at us because we are absolutely rubbish at football and ran in shambolic fashion. Its nothing to do with our supporters.

And I find it totally ridiculous how so many of our fans are more concerned about having a go at other fans than the failings of the club. Its bizarre.

No. It's strategy: everyone knows what the real cause is and what the ultimate solution is; but you keep everyone together by targeting an immediate problem that the current hierarchy are responsible for.

As I said yesterday: to demand this board is replaced at this moment in time is like demanding a revolution to solve the cost of living crisis - it'd solve it for sure, but it's implausible.
This timing argument really confuses me

Which is now the wrong time and when will be the right time?

My opinion is that the timing argument is not a fair argument. Those that use it will not support protest or change at any time. I wish they would just say it

Where mate? Just checked his twitter and there’s nothing since 12th July

From The Everton End.

Also this:
"Everton are looking to drastically improve commercially, it dawned on Farhad Moshiri when he arrived at the airport for a shareholders meeting last week and other clubs were displayed everywhere in some capacity, whether it be kits or advertising."

This phrase comes to mind-apt since we've just been to America.

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”​

― Abraham Lincoln

It dawned on me the more noise the fans make the more it gets a reaction from the club. The only problem is they're full of tripe. They're so
detached from the fans it's unreal.

I worry that the Everton fan board will be puppets just to report this kind of drivel from the club be it the owner, or Billy Liar or DBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.