#27 Years/NSNOW/#AllTogetherNow Fan Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has she failed in? Please tell me.
Can’t be arsed re typing all this, so here

Our commercial revenue has a whole is woeful, this is includes a very poor shirt sponsorship deal and a total backtrack on the ethical standpoint she was trying to make (i.e. no gambling, no alcohol). On top of that we have just played an entire season as the only club (I may be wrong) without a sleeve sponsor. We then have the inability to break into emerging markets, we had James Rodriguez playing for us. An icon in South America and Latino areas of the States, the revenue stream there could have been massive - we could have sold anything with his face on it and it would have proved another revenue stream.

There's constant issues with Fanatics, people complaining about the awful service they receive including part shipped orders, double orders etc. As a CEO should be all over this.

There also was the complete lack of autonomy with peoples positions within the club, Brands/Unsworth who had control of the youth, transfers who and final say over that.

Yes, she's great at sorting out the publicity side of things and painting us in a good picture (Ukraine stuff, the pride stuff), but from an operational position, the heart of the club, I'd say she massively failed.

I agree there is need for change, however I hope this doesn’t destroy the unity we saw around the ground late last season.
If it was, say, the Chelsea game, then you could be right but it's a separate thing set apart from any games and potential division (i.e. the Arsenal game). I didnt walk out on 27 mins, however I'll be there today.

I agree there is need for change, however I hope this doesn’t destroy the unity we saw around the ground late last season.

One thing that deffo needs to change is FFP, and this protest won’t change that.

Hopefully this post won’t be seen as a defence of the current situation because it’s not. I’m just being honest.
Spot on this, I support any fans right to protest, but the Blue Union protests ended up with so much in-fighting and name calling amongst the fan base it quickly created a schism and rapidly led to a ‘if you’re not for us, you’re against us’ mindset, which was possibly the most toxic period I remember?
it would be nice to think that the events towards the end of last season demonstrated that whether we protest or not, whether we have differences on how to express our anger / disappointment or not, we are all Blues at the end of the day and need to stick together where it counts, e.g. when the refs whistle blows.

One thing that deffo needs to change is FFP, and this protest won’t change that.

Hopefully this post won’t be seen as a defence of the current situation because it’s not. I’m just being honest.
...which is why I've said this should be about transfer inactivity rather a general protest. Protesting at the failure to hand the manager funds gets EVERYONE on board and preserves the unity.

The 27 minute group aren't very good at reading the room I'm afraid.

Every Evertonian should be backing the 27 campaign today... IF you are happy with where we are as a club right now you are part of the problem.
I don't think it's as simple as that. People can be unhappy with the situation although still feel some concern over how best to communicate such worries.

Personally, I'm more than accepting of the idea of today's protest, however it has to be done suitably, which is the challenge.

Last edited:

Spot on this, I support any fans right to protest, but the Blue Union protests ended up with so much in-fighting and name calling amongst the fan base it quickly created a schism and rapidly led to a ‘if you’re not for us, you’re against us’ mindset, which was possibly the most toxic period I remember?
it would be nice to think that the events towards the end of last season demonstrated that whether we protest or not, whether we have differences on how to express our anger / disappointment or not, we are all Blues at the end of the day and need to stick together where it counts, e.g. when the refs whistle blows.
We need change and the club needs to be ran properly with qualified people in the proper roles . Having fans at the ground 2 hours before a game with blue flares and clapping the bus is was wonderful. But it also is not sustainable or is it a long term plan that will help us to succeed. Our club as a business and as a football team is been run appallingly . It needs change .

Back then though mate we weren’t that bad on the pitch we were regularly in Europe etc plus the media never really covered how bad we were being run it was more a case of gettin called plucky etc. Wev just nearly been relegated , are currently the only team to mess up the ffp and there’s a lot of coverage now in the media , ye always going to get happy clappers no matter what

Ironically FFP has probably saved us from ourselves! I have no confidence that the decision making in the transfer market will improve any time soon. Hope I'm wrong though...and its the hope that kills you.

The unity between coaching staff/players and fans is a concern, I hope that isn`t affected.

If I remember correctly. Back then the Blue Union wanted a better Everton as does the 27 campaign, those opposing the BU were the ones happy to let BK keep his train set and were happy with the "Plucky little Everton", "Punching above their weight" tags. Don`t forget we had Moyes in charge then and we had a team fighting at the right end of the table...

Those supporting BK have led us to this exact position, it isn`t a case of who was right or wrong but even then it was obvious he was out of his depth, unwilling to sell and was holding us back..... some blues couldn`t see this because BK is a self proclaimed massive blue despite profiting 10s of millions from Everton FC.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.