#27 Years/NSNOW/#AllTogetherNow Fan Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Criticism is your word really im just providing a commentary of events to inform self awareness as with everything in life reflection can lead to learning to safegfuard against events. There was evidence throughout out spending and mismanagement that the business couldn't support the purchasing and costs, but everyone was giddy, colluded with and egged it on in addition as a fan group we chased out numerous managers that only added to that, I'm not saying it could be any other way, i understand it, I'm saying we colluded with it in the main and were more then happy with it for a very long time and frankly didn't care, didnt want to see, etc. We have a role and responsibility as well that i think its important we learn from. Now we've gone full circle, we will protest tomorrow rightly or wrongly, but we were also happy to go along with what has happening and spending for a long time up to fairly recently, in truth as a fan group we've gone a full 360, but we need to own our part in it and learn from it for the future.
I thonk we may be making different points here.

My point is that a lot of fans are not against the methods (rich chairman spending cash to make us competitive), more that they have come to realise that Moshiri is not the right person to spen it properly.

You seem to be making the case that fans are now against the process, even though they actively encouraged it at the time.

Fact is, there are probably a lot of fans in both groups

I agree there is need for change, however I hope this doesn’t destroy the unity we saw around the ground late last season.

One thing that deffo needs to change is FFP, and this protest won’t change that.

Hopefully this post won’t be seen as a defence of the current situation because it’s not. I’m just being honest.
The likelihood though is that FFP has prevented Moshiri from racking up even bigger losses. As we have seen from the money he wanted from the US consortium, Moshiri wants his money back. That will almost certainly lead to the club being saddled with debt.

FFP isn't the problem. The problem has been how badly run we have been since the 80's.

The campaign needs to be about the club having a structure and leaders that are fit for purpose.

Some of the criticism on Barret-Baxendale is grim and pretty misogynistic - Twitter mainly like. Tweets about her attract the worst of the worst comments.

It’s fine to say she’s failed in her role, but some of the other shouts are grim as anything

Honestly some of the comments are horrific and highlight the toxicity of the internet and social media. Pitchfork mentality.

It'll be pathetic and embarrassing, like the one they did at the liver building.

You wonder why the other side of Stanley park laugh at us.

This is pointless.

Yelling “stop being rubbish at running a football club” at someone who has repeatedly been rubbish at running a football club is going to achieve nothing. Because he is just rubbish at it.

We need to be campaigning to get the fraud out.

It'll be pathetic and embarrassing, like the one they did at the liver building.

You wonder why the other side of Stanley park laugh at us.
They laugh at us because they have had prolonged periods of success whilst we have struggled to stay afloat.

They laugh at us because a large proportion of our fanbase (you included it seems) would rather make excuses for the way the club is run over challenging them to improve.

Well in!

….they might be owners and Board Members but the reality is they are custodians. Custodians are responsible for running the business effectively.

Supporters will naturally be delighted when vast sums of money is being spent on footballers but it’s up to the Board and the people they appoint to ensure monies are spent wisely and within financial guidelines. The fans are not complicit, they have been let down.

Protest is not unreasonable, the club could help by starting to clearly communicate what the hell has been going on and what the overall status is. It would help if the protest is based around a number of key questions that need answering.

Last edited:

I agree there is need for change, however I hope this doesn’t destroy the unity we saw around the ground late last season.
This I feel is a key point because one of the only good things that came out of last season was that sense of unity - the fans coming together so to speak.

Sadly, I think we may need that unity once again, yet we can't fall into the trap of thinking its guaranteed. On the flip side, can we sit around and let things crumble.

One thing that deffo needs to change is FFP, and this protest won’t change that.

Hopefully this post won’t be seen as a defence of the current situation because it’s not. I’m just being honest.
It's the same thing as much as it can unite unfortunately it has the same ability to destroy, can't control an emotional entity that came out of those last home games. Remember stood there eating my jelly babies thinking the club better understand this or will turn on board players, team management and itself.

I'm with all going today, in spirit if not physically.

The club is being run into the ground.

Moshiri has to concede he cannot run the club in the manner it needs. He has to put the club up for sale and unfortunately for him, has to accept some personal loss in doing so.

We face the prospect of relegation and uncertainty regrading the completion of the stadium. Things must change now.

They laugh at us because they have had prolonged periods of success whilst we have struggled to stay afloat.

They laugh at us because a large proportion of our fanbase (you included it seems) would rather make excuses for the way the club is run over challenging them to improve.

Well in!

No, they mainly laugh at us because the majority of our fan base which act as our face are cringey and I feel bad saying it, gimps.

Status
Not open for further replies.