Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

H
Just because the board are incompetent, it doesn't mean the manager isn't an issue
He’s, if not the least of our issues, certainly not the main reason we are where we are. To give the manager his credit, he’s probably one of the main reasons we’re a PL outfit going into this new season. The real problem lies upstairs, where idiots have been responsible for scattergun decision making in terms of managerial and on-the-pitch recruitment for several years. All that time, all those bum appointments and signings, and IRO £500m spent/wasted later, this is where we are. Let’s hope that we are approaching these next few weeks with a plan to change all that. Relegation is a threat to the very existence of the club, but if we can get a few key signings, we can get some breathing space.

H

He’s, if not the least of our issues, certainly not the main reason we are where we are. To give the manager his credit, he’s probably one of the main reasons we’re a PL outfit going into this new season. The real problem lies upstairs, where idiots have been responsible for scattergun decision making in terms of managerial and on-the-pitch recruitment for several years. All that time, all those bum appointments and signings, and IRO £500m spent/wasted later, this is where we are. Let’s hope that we are approaching these next few weeks with a plan to change all that. Relegation is a threat to the very existence of the club, but if we can get a few key signings, we can get some breathing space.
Goodison Park is the main reason we're a PL outfit this year

Goodison Park is the main reason we're a PL outfit this year
Yep, I’d agree that was also a factor. But would the fans have got behind the team with the previous manager in the same way they did with this one? I have my own view on that…! This manager was a world class goal scoring midfielder, and I think he’ll have an influence in bringing players to the club that the other guy could only dream of. Not perfect by any stretch, but I’m happier with this manager than the last by a long way.

Yep, I’d agree that was also a factor. But would the fans have got behind the team with the previous manager in the same way they did with this one? I have my own view on that…! This manager was a world class goal scoring midfielder, and I think he’ll have an influence in bringing players to the club that the other guy could only dream of. Not perfect by any stretch, but I’m happier with this manager than the last by a long way.
I agree that his personality is more likeable than Benitez but he waked into a job because of that world class status. What's his style? Has he ever improved a team? Nobody actually knows

We’ll be fine….

1658522743501.jpeg

I agree that his personality is more likeable than Benitez but he waked into a job because of that world class status. What's his style? Has he ever improved a team? Nobody actually knows
There are way edgier takes on all of this than mine in this and other threads mate, and you’re right, he’s green. But for now, surely we can agree he was in charge when we WEREN’T relegated last season, so he MIGHT also be a factor in us not being relegated THIS season?!

Let’s rename this to the Relegation celebration thread to re-contextualise it.

We’re going down. May as well put a positive slant on it.

Down the Toffees!

I was sick to death of seeing that depressing 'relegation' thread on here last season and was made up to see the back of it. Now after a pre-season defeat some whopper starts another 'kin one. Koff.
Mate everytime some blarg twitter account or made up news report makes up a link to us someone creates a thread. I mean we still have threads for Zinchenko and Lingard so unfortunately we seem to be a forum for Creating threads for absolutely anything. Time for some serious moderation on here I guess. I'd personally have a transfer thread, board thread and misc thread for all BS related irrelevant tripe.

Not even sure we warrant a transfer thread tbh....

With everything that’s spilling out of the club at the moment, it’s hard to believe we won’t be in a battle against the drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.