The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands was happy to take his pay rise and place on the board.

…not sure that’s fair.

From what we know, he had the impossible task keeping plates spinning. Working with managers whilst the owner tinkered. It must take some diplomacy to have done the job in those circumstances. It was only when Benitez refused to even talk with him, he found his position untenable.

We saw Walsh couldn’t work cordially with Koeman, that resulted in both men working separately to bring in their own targets. I don’t believe that happened with Brands.

if there is a criticism, then I think he has to be at least partly culpable for allowing us to fall short of FFP rules.

Regarding Brands - I think reading in between the lines his days were up when Ancelotti came in. He absolutely knew that he'd be undermined there, similarly with Benitez. He actually alludes to this with the Silva stuff - I do genuinely believe that he had a good working relationship with Silva, hence why he fought in his corner.

Regarding Brands - I think reading in between the lines his days were up when Ancelotti came in. He absolutely knew that he'd be undermined there, similarly with Benitez. He actually alludes to this with the Silva stuff - I do genuinely believe that he had a good working relationship with Silva, hence why he fought in his corner.

…I actually think he worked fine with Ancelotti. I recall him saying he won’t bring a player in without the green light from the Manager. It seems clear, he brought in players Ancelotti wanted (James, Allan etc) but it’s also clear Ancelotti agreed the likes of Doucoure.

Brands worked with managers until a certain manager refused to work with him. At least we now have a Manager who will work with others.

Brands was happy to take his pay rise and place on the board.
Exactly.

He was an utter cynic who could see the club was going to hell in a hangbasket and said nothing. He'd have still been there if Main Stand Man hadn't have forced him into making comments he couldn't defend.

It's ok him highlighting lack of joined up thinking and continuity, but his signings were atrocious for the most part and he along with his fellow Dutchman were part of the triumvirate with Moshiri that wrecked this football club.

Sack the board.
Kenwright & co it's time to go.
Its so sad that Saint Bill's goodbye to Dunc was hijacked by those who want him to go. Don't get me wrong, I'm on their side. It's the only communication we've had since the "good times" comment so everyone has jumped on duncs goodbye.
Shame but I'm glad their is a massive wave of the #kenwrightout movement.

Its so sad that Saint Bill's goodbye to Dunc was hijacked by those who want him to go. Don't get me wrong, I'm on their side. It's the only communication we've had since the "good times" comment so everyone has jumped on duncs goodbye.
Shame but I'm glad their is a massive wave of the #kenwrightout movement.
You’d think they would have learnt after his little speech he gave after the Leiscter win got the same reaction

Shame but I'm glad their is a massive wave of the #kenwrightout movement

To be fair all round, he wouldn't let Dunc go without a public 'thanks' but Kenwright deserves all the anger, apart from Moshiri he's the next senior man at the club and to all intents and purposes probably is the most senior, he's got to go, to pay for the failure of the club failure he has been in charge of. It's a sad state of affairs.

Exactly.

He was an utter cynic who could see the club was going to hell in a hangbasket and said nothing. He'd have still been there if Main Stand Man hadn't have forced him into making comments he couldn't defend.

It's ok him highlighting lack of joined up thinking and continuity, but his signings were atrocious for the most part and he along with his fellow Dutchman were part of the triumvirate with Moshiri that wrecked this football club.
I actually liked Marcel Brands. Don't think the fit worked with Koeman. It's all in the past now. We need to build our team. Onwards Evertonians.

It would be nice if Moshiri or Saint Bill actually communicated with the fans about our broad transfer plans whether it be loans only especially as Kenyon has buggered off.
I think he wasn't being entirely honest when he said there would be more communication.
Only a Saint Bill goodbye hug got Dunc so far.
Edit. I see they have left it to Frank to do. Apparently we have to make the right additions. He also said the sky was blue.

I’m thinking GOT should propose to Mosh an alternative board made up of people on here, we’ve got accountants, architects, scouts and medical experts.
Then we can get rid of the current one and replace them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.