Did we chase Martinez out too soon?

Are the fans to blame for Everton right now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone saying no: we have 25 points right now and will struggle to get 32.

Imagine having a manager in charge that get's you 40 more points on top of that total.
Not disagreeing. But do you think he could have done that without moyes' defence and taking on the players as Benitez left them?

Not disagreeing. But do you think he could have done that without moyes' defence and taking on the players as Benitez left them?

Well let's put it this way: right now I wish he'd been taken on as interim manager back in January, because I think we'd have seen a discernable style of football and our attack being a lot less gummy than it has been under Lampard. Given our surfeit of wingers and forwards, the counter attacking game deployed by Martinez away from home would have better suited us than this open play policy of Lampard's.

I seen an interesting point saying Evertonians turned into Geordies when Moshiri took over and sacrificed a good man in Martinez, without replacing him since. The same person also said that on that day the angry entitled and toxic fans started being the tail that wagged the big royal blue dog and that where we are now is a reflection of that and we need to chop the tail off to save the dog.

I have no particular feelings on this matter, apart from not being able to recognise when the dog is happy, but thought I’d start a thread and share.
As much as I loved Bobby Brown Shoes and his positivity, I think the atmosphere had become so toxic in his last days there really wasn't much else we could do.

But where we went wrong was chasing him out without first lining up his successor. That unedifying chase of Koeman in the early part of the summer, continually throwing cash at a man who clearly didn't want the job, until he agreed to take it, set us up as the soft touch that has underlined everything that has gone on since

Status
Not open for further replies.