Royston Drenthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
You signed a good player. I followed Drenthe for years at Feyenoord. His best quality is finding the free player..even when he is attacked by more players at the same time.....able to make the right choice in complicated situations. (yep i know other quality as you expected) Hope he will do fine at your club Everton!

Does he do find a free player forward to him? If that's the case, it's even more ace.

On a relating note, I did one of those hangover internet shopping things last night and bought his 'signed signing shirt' on the club auction. Ffs, now he better do well and not leave us after the season.

EDIT: Oh it must be the shirt on my avatar.

Drenthe is a midfieldplayer......his pace and the ability to outplay a direct opponent are plusses.

(Weak spot in the dutch squad is the left back position, but he allready stated he doesnt want to play that position....which blocks participation in the dutch squad because there is a vast amount of good midfielders available. )

Should work on his crosses and shooting.

Is good at free kicks. Great team player....good fighting spirit.

Real Madrid wanted around 6 million euro for him......weird no one payed that money allthough benfica and galatasaray and in earlier stages juventes wanted him very much.

By not choosing for a sale to formentioned clubs i guess Royston wants to be transferfree at the end of the season, so very much occupied with his own financial interests....(too bad...because it is time for him to start playing football now)

Last edited:
from what ive just been told 5mins ago ,everyone at finch farm is drooling over him big time, looks a footballer ,as for the other lad ??? ,lets hope for the best hey

We have been crying out for a winger for ages and this lad sounds the business. I had forgot what it was like to get excited about a signing, there is no denying we have a quality defence and midfield, i don't know about up front, that remains to be seen

Barkley and drenthe could make this season very exciting for us tortured blues. Lets hope the new striker turns out to be a shrewd one as well, moyes has apparantly been scouting him for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.