Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
We deserved to win the game today on chances, but people are right to say he made a mistake leaving out Gordon who has been our best player in recent times.

I'm seeing a fair bit about Patterson, but I can understand why he didn't start him straight away.

Riddle me this..

He plays Kenny who is out of contract in five months and has played fleetingly over the past number of years. He's been farmed out and continually offered out.

Why is it acceptable that he starts over either the club captain or our new RB?

On what planet is that OK?

What's that got to do with us saying we didn't test their keeper?

It's a fact, he had one save to make.

And yes we also had another cleared from the Godfrey effort, but whether it was one or two on target, it's hardly good enough at home.

And yes it isn't relevant to our attacking threat, but their goal should have been a routine clearance. Unfortunately we have players who can't avoid basic errors.

Scored and was skipping through our midfield until Allan showed up.

Villa were fair value for the win. You couldn't say they did a smash and grab. They won the first half and then rode their luck in the second.
Oh mate

That was as much smash & grab as you ever will see.

As I said apart from the daft goal we gave them they were never scoring.

It's a fact, he had one save to make.

And yes we also had another cleared from the Godfrey effort, but whether it was one or two on target, it's hardly good enough at home.

And yes it isn't relevant to our attacking threat, but their goal should have been a routine clearance. Unfortunately we have players who can't avoid basic errors.

So we did test their keeper then; glad we clarified that.

What did Duncan learn today?

We can not afford the luxury of playing 2 wingers and 2 forwards with our current squad.
DCL hasn't come to the party yet since returning, but even our best two midfielders would not be good enough.
So we need to play 3 in the mid and drop a forward.
So until something better comes along it has to be Dacoure, Allan and Gomes. IF they are all fit.
But it's not ideal.

The other side of this, Coleman and Keane didn't keep giving the ball away today.
Duncan knows.

Why the emphasis on one shot on target?

We had 15 attempts, 9 corners.

A good number of chances - had one cleared off the line, Richarlison's header, Mina's header, the cross Calvert-Lewin was on his heels for....

You can have 3 pens in a game, put them all wide - 0 shots on target but 3 bloody good chances aren't they?

Most blues I'm sure would share the view that we were unlucky.

I'm bothered about the shots being on target because to win football matches you need to score goals and to do that you need to get shots on target.

Our one shot on target was a piss poor header off Godfrey.

We could still be playing now and we wouldn't of scored.

442 didn't work, it hasn't worked all season. Yet here we are watching the worst hoof ball going.

Why was pickford kicking it up to townsend our smallest player while he's next to digne who was one of our best headers of the ball?

Why play townsend at all? He offered nothing. We know everything about digne and instead of playing to his weaknesses to give us an advantage we seemed to play towards his strengths.

It was an embarrassing display tactically from dunc and technically from the players.

We can't just sit there going "oh weren't we unlucky", we've been unlucky all season so we need to take luck out of the equation.

We need good tactics, maximum effort and skill. We showed none of that today.

Not even half chances mate.

We need change in the dugout. We need that in the next fortnight or this club will be dancing on the trap door.

Tbh we need change throughout the club.

Something Duncan said in his pre match worried me. He didn't accept that we were in a relegation scrap. That concerns me. As does the lack of anything else aside from bluster regarding getting the players to play for the Jersey.

That coupled with Moshiri’s seemingly backing to the performance of the board and Kenwright today informing us of all the good times we've had this past 27 years.

I'm seriously worried and I didn't think anyone could further mess things up more than Rafael but by god Duncan has taken it a step further today.

Status
Not open for further replies.