Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was open to giving him a go to the end of the season before today. However setting up again with 2 in midfield, when he along with the rest of us, has seen us get torn apart all season playing that way, is inexcusable. Once again we were dominated in that area. He didn’t fix it at any point so he needs to be replaced- and quickly!

Which 3 would you have started in centre midfield then mate?

Allan was a doubt/wasn't considered fit enough to start.

Dont be silly Dave.

It was pretty even 1st half , 2nd half Villa were very very lucky to not concede at least 3.
They were first to everything that first half. We were better second half but created 3 gilt edgeed chances in the whole 90 minutes.

The galloot handed the initiative to Villa by leaving Gordon out.

Gordon and Buendia were the best two players on the pitch by a fair distance: Gerrard started his player, the Galloot left ours on the bench.

We deserved to win the game today on chances, but people are right to say he made a mistake leaving out Gordon who has been our best player in recent times.

I'm seeing a fair bit about Patterson, but I can understand why he didn't start him straight away.
Not arsed about Patterson, tbh. I've seen enough of him to know he shouldn't start and doesn't belong at this level defensively.

Villa got 3 on target to our 1.

That's about the size of it.

Never in a million years did we 'deserve to win'.

IMO that was a pop gun effort given the circumstances of new start and a crowd right behind the team for the first time all season.

Make no mistake: Newcastle can get something here.

They were first to everything that first half. We were better second half but created 3 gilt edgeed chances in the whole 90 minutes.

The galloot handed the initiative to Villa by leaving Gordon out.

Gordon and Buendia were the best two players on the pitch by a fair distance: Gerrard started his player, the Galloot left ours on the bench.
Not sure you were watching the same game David.
Villa were very lucky boys today & they know it.

Cash was thier best player btw.

Apart from his goal Buendia wasnt anything more than ordinary.

We created 3 clear cut chances in 90 minutes...and they were only as a result of bringing Gordon on who held left out.

We got what we deserved out of that game: nothing.

Can't believe Gordon was left out of the starting 11 mate. The only one in recent games who has put a shift in, looked dangerous with the ball and the only player who looked like it meant something to him to play for us.

Not sure you were watching the same game David.
Villa were very lucky boys today & they know it.

Cash was thier best player btw.

Apart from his goal Buendia wasnt anything more than ordinary.
Scored and was skipping through our midfield until Allan showed up.

Villa were fair value for the win. You couldn't say they did a smash and grab. They won the first half and then rode their luck in the second.

Iam gutted that we couldn't get the win under dunc, but I dont blame him, the blame for this mess goes all the way to the top. Sheer negligence in recruitment, as my ma always said You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. We fight on.

Can't believe Gordon was left out of the starting 11 mate. The only one in recent games who has put a shift in, looked dangerous with the ball and the only player who looked like it meant something to play for us.
Gray and Gordon are the only class players we have. DCL and Richarlison can be quality, but they havent turned up all season.

Not arsed about Patterson, tbh. I've seen enough of him to know he shouldn't start and doesn't belong at this level defensively.

Villa got 3 on target to our 1.

That's about the size of it.

Never in a million years did we 'deserve to win'.

IMO that was a pop gun effort given the circumstances of new start and a crowd right behind the team for the first time all season.

Make no mistake: Newcastle can get something here.

We missed the target with a fair few opportunities. Mina's header, Richarlisons header, DCL very nearly gets on the end of one. There were others. We should be taking those chances really.

They score their chance, because Andros Townsend can't stand next to a post as he's meant to on a corner. I saw the XG and it was like 1.65-1 in our favour, so I think we deserved to win overall.

As for the 2nd point, yes Newcastle can win here. We have lost to Norwich, can gone life and death with Villa. It's a must not lose game for us now. I'm a bit terrified really. Honestly, I'd be getting Allardyce back. I am very worried we get an inexperienced coach, and they get eaten alive.

I'm normally someone who looks on the brightside, but I'm terrified tonight.

Iam gutted that we couldn't get the win under dunc, but I dont blame him, the blame for this mess goes all the way to the top. Sheer negligence in recruitment, as my ma always said You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. We fight on.
Not with him we cant.

The decision makers cant think they can hand more gamnes toi him and get away with this.

Next 2 weeks has to see a manager sorted.

Which 3 would you have started in centre midfield mate?

Allan was a doubt/wasn't considered fit enough to start.

Playing a 3 and giving an opportunity to Tyler Onyango or another young player, will have more chance of working than stubbornly playing a 2.

I am pretty convinced we will go down if we persist with a 2. Ideally we need to find a midfield signing with a bit of steel and passing ability. But there aren't many Gareth Barrys available in a Jan window.

Anything is better than persisting with something that will never work though.

Scored and was skipping through our midfield until Allan showed up.

Villa were fair value for the win. You couldn't say they did a smash and grab. They won the first half and then rode their luck in the second.

Seemed to be the consensus from those around me at the game mate. We huffed and puffed but Villa just always looked like they could have went up another couple of gears if they needed to.

We missed the target with a fair few opportunities. Mina's header, Richarlisons header, DCL very nearly gets on the end of one. There were others. We should be taking those chances really.

They score their chance, because Andros Townsend can't stand next to a post as he's meant to on a corner. I saw the XG and it was like 1.65-1 in our favour, so I think we deserved to win overall.

As for the 2nd point, yes Newcastle can win here. We have lost to Norwich, can gone life and death with Villa. It's a must not lose game for us now. I'm a bit terrified really. Honestly, I'd be getting Allardyce back. I am very worried we get an inexperienced coach, and they get eaten alive.

I'm normally someone who looks on the brightside, but I'm terrified tonight.
Not even half chances mate.

We need change in the dugout. We need that in the next fortnight or this club will be dancing on the trap door.

Status
Not open for further replies.