Roberto Martínez a simple yes or no

Will you have Martínez back?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought his first season with us, the football we played was brilliant. The lose to Sunderland killed the champions league hopes we had.

He didn’t build on it. We got worse. Nothing to suggest he should be given another chance. No from me.

What Benefit does it have for all involved parties?

Everton? Belgium? Martinez?

We lose Martinez for a fortnight in March, Belgium lose their manager scouting players, and we take a risk on the manager who had the best Belgium side ever and fell short twice.

I think it’s a tough call
12-18 months he appeared to be the man to take us forward. After that the wheels started to fall off.
He was very positive in everything he done, on and off the pitch. I think the defensive side of his management was him being naive and him being relatively young and inexperienced

The gamble is simply has he learnt from his failings

I voted no and I would have huge reservations about his return.
However, I think the signs are all pointing in that direction.
If he is appointed then he will have my support as do all Everton managers.

Scared of the defensive side of things. If he brings that neglection to defense back it'll be a horror show because the defense is already honking

I do flirt with the idea of Henry being assistant though because he could definitely coach a thing or too into our attackers

But again it's gonna be another fan divider, not what we need at this moment more arguments and uncertainty

One highly doubtful he leaves the Belgium National team. They have aspirations.

Two Leaves the back barn door wide open when he is in his Tippy Tappy mode. Also, our new cast of characters in defense are terrible compared to what he once had.

Three no way he can keep us up from were we are. We need more grit and steel in our play sadly he doesn't know that tactical format.

Nice Brown shoes thought. Next!
Not really sure they do anymore. They still have De Bruyne and Lukaku at their peaks but Eden Hazard is a ghost of a player these days whilst hugely imperative figures over the last few tournaments like Kompany, Fellaini, Alderweireld and Vertonghen along with several others have either retired or are completely past their best.

He might be seriously concerned about going there with a declining team that could very well lose to the first decent side they come up against, or struggle in a group of death. An early exit would be the death knell in Belgium's 'Golden Generation' and would be dreadful for his scantly deserved reputation.

I honestly think he'd run here now if we offered it to him - I just hope to God we don't give him a decision to make.

I’ll say yes.

Can we actually get a better manager? We’re 15, with a squad that probably is mid table at best, especially now we got rid of James and digne, two of my favourite players.

Martinez can play some attractive football. We torched some sides in that first year. We were only really bad in the third year.

I think he got arrogant and didn’t fix his mistakes, I hope he’s learnt from it. No other manager is coming to us from a better club so you can take a punt on someone random from a tier below or go with Martinez. I usually don’t like managers coming back, like you wouldn’t remarry your exwife, but I don’t see any better. Rooney is ok, but Everton’s destroyed enough managers, chances are it’ll probably destroy Rooney too.
Martinez is a bottom level manager so yeah we can do better.

Not really sure they do anymore. They still have De Bruyne and Lukaku at their peaks but Eden Hazard is a ghost of a player these days whilst hugely imperative figures over the last few tournaments like Kompany, Fellaini, Alderweireld and Vertonghen along with several others have either retired or are completely past their best.

He might be seriously concerned about going there with a declining team that could very well lose to the first decent side they come up against, or struggle in a group of death. An early exit would be the death knell in Belgium's 'Golden Generation' and would be dreadful for his scantly deserved reputation.

I honestly think he'd run here now if we offered it to him - I just hope to God we don't give him a decision to make.
He's already bottled it with Belgium. And we're going to bring him back because of it.

He's had one even passable result and the big win in that tournament was not about tactics at all. Courtois and KDB being brilliant and a healthy slice of luck saw them through.

He's already bottled it with Belgium. And we're going to bring him back because of it.

He's had one even passable result and the big win in that tournament was not about tactics at all. Courtois and KDB being brilliant and a healthy slice of luck saw them through.

Brazil being completely stunned by the Lukaku off the right system that had been used several times by Martinez and had destroyed Arsenal in the past. Brazil lost that game by being totally tactically naive. The manager had obviously not done his homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.