Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Wednesday 1st December 20:15

Everton MOTM vs Liverpool

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what was more embarrassing our players or the stewards who couldn’t control a bunch of 10 year olds from running onto the pitch at full time
Seems the stewards are managed like the team. Out of position, not concentrating, not ready , beaten for pace, egg on face.
Seriously though. It would help if the reward for running on the pitch was not a match worn shirt you can flog for £150+

Not sure what to think, beside first 15 minutes until Coleman mistake we were not too bad , aggression was there , intensity, passion , and when you think we can score now I can understand what’s has to be in your mind to try something stupid and you know you have that redshite waiting for this moment all match , you don’t try dribble if you are last men , simple as that

A RS mate said to me this morning don't worry Everton In The Community is top of the league, the new stadium will be quality for music nights and boxing. That sums up the problem, everything off the pitch is known to be quality yet on the pitch its pony. If you held a knife to my throat I couldnt tell you a single thing the RS do off the pitch they are just focused on winning. Honestly I am ashamed of Everton this morning and dont give me that if yer know yer history BS because our last quarter of a century history has been dog dirt. I supported Rafael and his appointment and wanted to give him a chance, hes had that and can now do one back to the Anfield Academy......and take Brands with you because if he was any good then lots of other clubs would have come in for him.

Love to know what Brands is thinking sitting there next to Bill watching this rubbish, as a neutral he must be bored to death, just going through the motions I guess.

We met a much better team. 1 vs. 1, all liverpool players are better than ours, and when they also managed to create numerical and positional superiority against us repeatedly, it becomes difficult.

Many are critical of the 4-4-2 / 4-4-1 formation, but I think it is the execution itself that is wrong. The distances within and between the lines are too great - we are not connected as a team. Both in defense and attack. Then I think of something Cruyff said: When you have the ball, you have to be able to pass it, while when you receive the ball, you have to be able to control it. If you can not control it, then you can not pass it either.

All too often we lost the ball in unfavorable areas on the field, and when we are not connected as a team, which means a lack of pressure, cover and balance, which then means a lot of room for LFC to attack in, then that is the recipe for to concede many goals.

We met a much better team. 1 vs. 1, all liverpool players are better than ours, and when they also managed to create numerical and positional superiority against us repeatedly, it becomes difficult.

Many are critical of the 4-4-2 / 4-4-1 formation, but I think it is the execution itself that is wrong. The distances within and between the lines are too great - we are not connected as a team. Both in defense and attack. Then I think of something Cruyff said: When you have the ball, you have to be able to pass it, while when you receive the ball, you have to be able to control it. If you can not control it, then you can not pass it either.

All too often we lost the ball in unfavorable areas on the field, and when we are not connected as a team, which means a lack of pressure, cover and balance, which then means a lot of room for LFC to attack in, then that is the recipe for to concede many goals.

There is a gulf in class from the top three down, I for one thought we tried last night, had a go, but met a team far too good for us. Liverpool for a while now have a better team structure and better players, hate to admit it but he true. We, in my opinion, should have played three in the middle, Delph, Alan and Doucoure, we were overran there. So much wrong with our club now, but one thing is certain, last night our best centre forward and centre half were missing that didn't help at all against a very good Liverpool team. Coleman sorry to say is finished and am I wrong to think Pickford, who made a couple of really good saves was at fault for the last two goals. And I know silly individual mistakes led to at least three of them.

Love to know what Brands is thinking sitting there next to Bill watching this rubbish, as a neutral he must be bored to death, just going through the motions I guess.
He probably let his mind wander thinking about, having just signed a new contract, how big his pay out would come to

A frustrating thing isn’t necessarily last night. The top 3 are a million miles ahead of the other teams. Getting beat 4-1 isn’t that much of a surprise. They’ve done similar to loads of PL teams this season.

The frustrating bit is looking at the league table and seeing the opportunity for 4th being wasted. 14 games and 24 points has 4th position. That translates to 65 points over a 38 game season.

I’m not sure 60-65 points is too much to ask. It’s definitely an achievable goal. But injuries, haphazard squad building, lack of direction at the top of the club over last 5 years has resulted in another mid table season rather than having genuine hopes of Top6 when 3 or 4 of the better teams in recent seasons are struggling.

Another missed opportunity. But as a season rather than last night specifically.

Blame lies with Moshiri and Kenwright. Not put the right people in place on numerous occasions. Don’t have a long term plan. Easy to blame Brands and Benitez (& previous managers) but will replacing them will lead to better choices as their successors? Feels like whacking more money on the roulette table and hoping green comes up.

I don’t know what was more embarrassing our players or the stewards who couldn’t control a bunch of 10 year olds from running onto the pitch at full time
To be honest when fans start throwing stuff on the pitch its a disgrace, if one of those had hit a player we could have seen sanctions imposed, may still, they need to think about the consequences, no one should get away with that behaviour, yes give some verbals and let em know how ya feel but obstacles and pitch invasion, bad form!

Status
Not open for further replies.