Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Wednesday 1st December 20:15

Everton MOTM vs Liverpool

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I defer to the GOT crowd's far greater knowledge of the game. What should the manager, any manager, have done differently in this match to change the outcome? Rafael may be crap, I dunno. What I see is Everton are simply out-classed, man for man, virtually everywhere on the pitch and on the bench, too. Just sucks.

Tough to imagine what you all go through. Three of my mates in town are RS supporters and they can be insufferable about the current state of affairs. I had to block their damned text messages.
For a starter , bring tosun on instead of Gordon when rondon got injured and go like for like when we were creating some threat.

Bring Delph on much earlier for Townsend and have a midfield 3 to suffocate them. Or start him , which is a little odd that he hasn't been making it on the despite being fit.

Or......

Given the changes he did make, the team should have dropped deeper and cut off the space that they had with Gordon/Richy/grey as a fast front 3 to counter. That would make Liverpool push back out and not overcommit , giving our midfield more space to get the ball into the wide areas with pace and stretch their full backs with their backs to our goal.

Just a few suggestions there.

For a starter , bring tosun on instead of Gordon when rondon got injured and go like for like when we were creating some threat.

Bring Delph on much earlier for Townsend and have a midfield 3 to suffocate them. Or start him , which is a little odd that he hasn't been making it on the despite being fit.

Or......

Given the changes he did make, the team should have dropped deeper and cut off the space that they had with Gordon/Richy/grey as a fast front 3 to counter. That would make Liverpool push back out and not overcommit , giving our midfield more space to get the ball into the wide areas with pace and stretch their full backs with their backs to our goal.

Just a few suggestions there.
Thank you. All very interesting tactical suggestions. May have worked, too, I dunno. Perhaps such moves affect the outcome of a game of football more than in other sports.

got back from my trip early and watched the whole thing. For once wish my drive had been longer. Aside from 10 mins either side of HT we showed no purpose. Even that spell was down to the crowd more than anything it seemed. Why do we persist with a 2 man midfield that gets overun every week, so we can play 2 wingers? 3rd midfielder should have been on at half time and then the game wouldn't have gotten away from us.
Rondon off Tosun on seemed obvious to everyone except Benitez. Even though Tosun offered very little, half an eye on the January sales!
They are just a way better team than us, we could have played that game over 100 times and we'd have still lost 100 times!

Just home
Why the hell did we go 4-4-2 against them when any normal human being knew we had to go 4-5-1
Why didn’t Delph start

Nothing more to say apart from new manager has to be in charge by Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.