Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was made up with the effort from the lads today. We just lacked conviction and luck unfortunately. I thought Gordon could have tried to force himself onto the end of a few good crosses in the second half but it wasn't to be.

Overall I think it's a positive to get some players back and we will start picking up the points again in no time.

No Zats..a few are giving you belters for dissing a player for no other reason that he's past his best physically and still has to play because he is more effective than the alternatives on the books for that position. He should certainly not be a regular, but currently he is. WE can only play with what we have, and the squad is hit by injuries to key players and is wafer thin, with inadequate back ups(Hello Mr Brand, and assorted previous managers) THere is no valid alternative but to hang in there with Benitez until he has had a chance to shape the SQUAD more to his liking. There isn't a better manager currently available who would take on managing Everton with the current shambolic squad. I've been watching Everton for 74 years since I was six years old and have seen good periods, average and bad periods, and some brilliant periods. Things change...they always do Its what happens when you SUPPORT a football team. You support them through thick and thin, good and bad. You cheer when we're winning, and moan when we're losing. THats what should happen. But the world now is different, more vitriolic than it was when I first saw Peter Farrell lead Everton out against Spurs,who had Ted Ditchburn in goal. Remember its a game. Don't let the downside parts of it effect your real life. Two games this next week....two more chances to improve .

Name me a worse manager than Benitez this side of Mike Walker?

Same goes for a captain?

Its all bringing my Mike Walker PTSD back :eek:

Same with DCL during the Euros saying he plays for Everton “for now”. We’re an absolute death knell for careers.
Except for past their date hasbeens and never were beens, then it's just pay any old astronomical transfer fee and let them ride upon the gravy train for years.

How do you know the kids are not up to it, some kids revel in the responsibility, ( Rooney)for example, surely they must be better than Rondon or Iwobi or a least be given a chance. I have seen Simms a number of times and I can assure you he is ten times better than Rondon.
Whether he is or he isn't... It'd give us a glimmer of hope to cling to for the future.

Personally, I reckon it could have been his kind of game. We'll never know which is a shame coz the next matches will be too presssured to try the young'uns.

Would been there today pre Benitez tenure,new ground to tick off the list.My away game amigo is my nephew who is totally anti Benitez that he has stopped going altogether giving his season ticket to a mate.
Feel sorry for the blues he offloaded are tickets for today onto,and in advance for the rest of the away games until Benitez is gone.....

Yeah, how could we not be happy after today's performance?

What an arrogance.
oS3Qd2AZZ.png

Difficult to watch that from a team wearing our blue shirt.
Only players with any credit today were Keane, Coleman and Townsend. Pickford can't really be faulted.
Absolute clueless bunch of cowards. I never wanna see Gordon, Godfrey, Digne or Iwobi play for us ever again.
Absolute garbage. They've all had enough opportunities. Not even League 1 level.

Townsend had an absolute shocker!

(And a couple of poor early passes aside, Doucoure was comfortably our best player)

Townsend had an absolute shocker!
Well we were down the B'ford end and he was the only one looking to cause some damage with the ball certainly in the 1st half. The rest were square ball or backward billy's. Gordon had an absolute shocker. Badge and shirt are too heavy for him. I couldn't understand taking off Townsend for Gray.

All managers make mistakes, all managers have pet favourites they play too much, all managers take too long to make subs.

I wish they were the only problems. Do you think I actually like Benitez as a bloke or wanted him as manager? No. If I thought any other option would work I’d be all for removing him. We’ve had Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Unsworth/Ferguson, Ancelotti, and now Benitez, and you can count on one hand the number of good performances we’ve had out of all of them.

The problems stay the same, regardless of manager because we have one of the most unprofessional squads in the league who couldn’t care less about Everton. Fire Benitez, I don’t care, get someone else in, if they’d even want to come, where do they start? Play Tosun instead of Rondon, being on Simms instead of playing the 90 mins. Do you see how ridiculous all that sounds? We have about 6 good players, most of whom have arrived in recent windows. The rest of the squad are bottom half level. When those good players aren’t available this is what happens, and has happened for 7 years.

As soon as Koeman lost Lukaku, we couldn’t win a game, as soon as Silva lost Gueye and Zouma we couldn’t win a game, as soon as Ancelotti lost Docuoure we struggled to win a game, the same thing is just happening now.

If firing Benitez makes some of you happy, have at it, I honestly couldn’t care less now, we’ll be 20 mill down and in exactly the same place when the new manager gets here and is scratching is head in the first half of a match because the weeks worth of training he has done has gone up in smoke and Keane and Coleman can’t pass a ball to each other and defenders aren’t jumping at set pieces.
Yes. And the changes have to begin at the top - at the Board and ownership levels. Changing the manager will solve nothing. And since those changes are extremely unlikely to happen i believe we are in genuine existential trouble.

Based on today’s performance there is no way of hiding from the fact that this team is relegation fodder. It doesn’t matter how much money we have spent this team is an absolute joke. The way I saw it before today’s game, this was potentially our biggest game of the season to date. It was a must win game. Forget the Derby it’s always a big occasion for us to lose. This game today against Brentford was us playing one of the 3 teams that was potentially 1 of the 3 teams worse than us in the league that would mean we don’t get relegated, unfortunately they were better than us. What else is there to say?

I'll answer that question. Kenny is here because he is a cheap back up to a finished coleman. Kenny wouldnt make championship football. He genuinely got slated up at Celtic. Blame brands and the board for this mess. They made the decision.
I know this but he shouldn't be there at all if that's the case. He is either good enough or he isn't, if not lash the youth team RB in there.

The worrying part is I don't think Kenny is any worse than the rest of them.

All on Moshiri for me, keeps bringing new managers in and lets them sign their own players. It needs to be one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.