New Everton Stadium Discussion

I genuinely dont know if your salient point is tho!

I'm a Kirkdale lad, I still know people who refer to Tillotsons as Tillotsons or Tillys but it aint be so for quite some time now. Its a name and names tend to remain

I'm sure the address will be Bramley Moore Dock, Regent Road L3 0AP whatever they call it!
We can only call it Bramley Moore Dock when we’re sending letters to it.

I genuinely dont know if your salient point is tho!

I'm a Kirkdale lad, I still know people who refer to Tillotsons as Tillotsons or Tillys but it aint be so for quite some time now. Its a name and names tend to remain

I'm sure the address will be Bramley Moore Dock, Regent Road L3 0AP whatever they call it!
That's because it's a parochial institution to that neighbourhood/district. There'll be no such issue with the naming of the new stadium. Everton fans come from all over Merseyside, Britain and worldwide. They wont be too bothered about what a site in Vauxhall was once called, or prolonging its existence out of nostalgia or sentimentality.

That's because it's a parochial institution to that neighbourhood/district. There'll be no such issue with the naming of the new stadium. Everton fans come from all over Merseyside, Britain and worldwide. They wont be too bothered about what a site in Vauxhall was once called, or prolonging its existence out of nostalgia or sentimentality.
Give it up Dave, it really matters not one jot to be frank, those that want to will call it BMD, those that dont wont, no matter where they hail from. Period

What matters is what goes on inside.

There’s little coherence in the argument that having Bramley Moore Dock as the first line of the stadium’s address is self-evidently fine, but having the stadium colloquially referred to by that name is hideously wrong.

Either you think the name Bramley Moore Dock is wrong, or you think it’s okay. Both positions have merit. Straddling both like the Colossus of Merseyside makes no sense.

If people from abroad, out of the area or even in the area visit to watch a match, I'm sure the last thing they will do is Google the history of the name Bramley Moore, they may if a "tourist" but I then seriously doubt anyone is gonna abandon their plans based on that history?

Yes, it needs acknowledging and referencing and Everton are rightly so doing that.

Personally, @davek obsession with it is beyond rational. Its being dealt with.

The most positive development in Everton recent history is being tarnished by the incessant reference to its history.

I bow out on this element of the discussion and draw a line under it at this point, I wanna focus on the great opportunity and prospects it presents us with and I need to stop being baited, my bad

UTFT

If people from abroad, out of the area or even in the area visit to watch a match, I'm sure the last thing they will do is Google the history of the name Bramley Moore, they may if a "tourist" but I then seriously doubt anyone is gonna abandon their plans based on that history?

Yes, it needs acknowledging and referencing and Everton are rightly so doing that.

Personally, @davek obsession with it is beyond rational. Its being dealt with.

The most positive development in Everton recent history is being tarnished by the incessant reference to its history.

I bow out on this element of the discussion and draw a line under it at this point, I wanna focus on the great opportunity and prospects it presents us with and I need to stop being baited, my bad

UTFT

1637934750480.jpeg